Lennox International (LII)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Manager, Finance - Operations
at Lennox International (LII)
- Requisition #
- Finance / Accounting
- Shift / Hours
Lennox International (LII) is a leading global provider of innovative climate control solutions for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) markets.
Beginning over a century ago, Lennox International has built a strong heritage of Innovation and Responsibility. Our position as an innovation leader continually inspires us to promote more efficient energy use and a healthier environment through our product operations. Our engaged and diverse workforce is committed to providing climate control solutions that provide the most value and comfort for our customers.
We are proud to have instilled a shared sense of responsibility and commitment among our approximately 10,000 employees located throughout North America and Europe.
Heatcraft Worldwide Refrigeration is a long-standing leader in the world of commercial refrigeration, providing climate-control solutions to customers in more than 70 countries. Their state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in the cities of Stone Mountain, Columbus and Tifton, Georgia, produce evaporators, condensers, compressor racks, merchandise display cases and other top-quality refrigeration products for their six market-leading brands: Bohn, Larkin, Climate Control, Chandler, Kysor/Warren and InterLink. Heatcraft products are primarily used to preserve food and other perishables in supermarkets, convenience stores, restaurants, warehouses and distribution centers, in addition to other applications such as data centers, pharmaceutical and industrial process cooling.
Responsible for coordinating and managing Finance support for the Operations and Supply Chain organizations in North America- including manufacturing, procurement, engineering, and logistics and transportation. Leadership responsibility for finance support roles dedicated to providing detailed analytical support to the organization.
- Represents Finance function on cross-functional project teams evaluating ROI on new product development initiatives, payback on product redesign projects, make vs. buy analyses, etc.
- Will serve as a central subject matter expert resource for the Heatcraft North America operations team in matters pertaining to Cost Accounting, Inventory Control, SOX and GAAP compliance, and strategic operational and materials savings initiatives.
- Cost accounting support- centralized support for cost accounting resources positioned within the US plant operations- including the development, integration, and monitoring of cost control systems, and the interpretation and dissemination of cost accounting information to management. Responsible for coordinating annual standard cost setting and periodic reviews of standards for accuracy and completeness. Develops and directs the preparation of reporting to compare actual results to forecast and plan as needed. May participate in the more complex cost accounting projects in support of business or operational strategies as needed.
- Serves as plant controller for manufacturing plant in Stone Mountain, GA with annual spend of $5M+, and revenue generation of $20M+. Responsible for month-end close, operating cost analyses, inventory control, and serves as key advisor to Manufacturing Director. Coordinates the collection and presentation of cost data pertaining production activities and summarizes at the management level. These include variable and fixed costs, operating variances, and inventory valuation to provide comprehensive information for management decisions at both the plant and business level.
- Management oversight of analytical resources with dotted line support of Procurement and Engineering, and dedicated to analyzing and tracking material cost savings initiatives (including VAVE) that are reflected in operations cost reduction, PPV savings, and improved standard product margins.
- Inventory control and oversight- coordination and management of physical inventory counts, audits, and inventory control process design- including oversight and policy assessments of cycle count procedures within the plants. Manage consistent analysis and application of inventory reserves accounting for LOCOM and E&O policies within the two US plants (Tifton, Stone Mountain), three distribution centers, and customer consignment locations.
- Operations analytics support- takes a leadership role for improving the operations' reviews of the Company's operating units, including monthly financial reporting and variance tracking, and establishment of operational KPIs designed to accurately measure performance and drive management focus. Plays a key role in development of periodic forecasts and budgets for US plant operations- in support of the Plant Controllers and Plant Managers.
- General Accounting support- ensures the reconciliation and analysis of related balance sheet accounts, inventory accounts, ledgers, and journals. Directs the development and implementation of new and revised costs reporting and analysis systems, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with large amounts of data; assists in various financial research projects, ad-hoc analyses, and process improvement.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in a related area, and a minimum of 5-10 years of experience in related field.
- CPA, CMA or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP and have excellent research skills in order resolve complex accounting issues as they arise.
- Broad knowledge of cost control systems and related cost accounting functions and includes the preparation of strategic recommendations to management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to work well in a team environment and able to handle multiple tasks at a time and see each of them through to successful completion.
- Requires working knowledge of SAP modules FI, CO, and PA. Working knowledge of Hyperion preferred.