Liberty County School System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Liberty County School System
Job Goal: To keep school system’s automotive equipment in such a state of operating excellence that it presents no problems or interruptions to the education program.
1. Diesel experience required.
2. ASE certification a plus.
3. Applicant must have valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger, air Brakes, and School Bus Endorsements or must be willing to train for Commercial Driver’s License within 30 days of hire date.
4. Appropriate driving record.
5. Such alternatives as the Superintendent of Schools may find appropriate and acceptable.
· Prompt and regular attendance.
· Performs mechanical repairs and maintenance work on buses and automotive vehicles.
· Performs preventative engine maintenance and repair work as needed.
· Tracks all preventatives as well as repair work performed.
· Performs safety inspections as required on all vehicles.
· Maintains all shop tools, equipment, and areas in safe working condition.
· Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities assigned by the supervisor or Superintendent of Schools.
Able to perform routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities including:
Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds as needed to move objects.
Terms of Employment:
Salary shall be paid consistent on the System’s approved salary schedule. Length of work year and hours of employment shall be established by the system.
Performance of this job will be evaluated by the Director of Transportation and Shop Foreman.
Job Contact Information
Monday, September 30, 2019 12:00 AM
(Eastern Standard Time)