Job Goal: To provide quality instruction and supervision to Pre-Kindergarten students to enhance their understanding of core standards and prepare them for Kindergarten readiness and school success.
Plans and implements activities that promote the social, physical, and intellectual growth of children. Responsible for the care, hygiene, learning, and developmental activities, and redirection of children. Maintains classroom records (student portfolios and online assessment), cleanliness, and orderliness.
To stimulate the spirit of inquiry, the acquisition of knowledge and understanding, and the formulation of worthy goals in the students of Liberty County Schools.
- Valid Professional Georgia Teaching Certificate in Early Childhood Education.
- The ability to work successfully with other professionals. Proven organizational skills, effective oral and written communication and strong people skills
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent of Schools may find appropriate and acceptable
- Prompt and regular attendance
- Provide and use appropriate teaching strategies
- Carries out the duties of teaching the students assigned by the administration
- Acts as a resource person in the classroom and the school
- Evaluates student performance
- Effectively provide instruction to the assigned students
- Effectively communicate with parents as appropriate
- Perform other instructional duties as assigned
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities assigned by the supervisor or Superintendent of Schools
- Teach at appropriate instructional level
- Provide content development
- Assist all students in achieving academic standards and establishing high expectations for performance
- Promote student engagement and provide appropriate assessments
- Monitor student progress
- Respond to adequate and inadequate student performance
- Support students with encouragement
- Use time efficiently
- Maintain effective physical setting for instruction
- Follow professional practices consistent with school and system policies in working with students, students’ records, parents and colleagues.
- Ensure adherence to the Code of Ethics for Educators in Georgia, as established by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
- Integrate the use of technology and multimedia in the classroom.
- Participate in training programs and apply concepts learned in the classroom to increase student learning.
- Review current developments, literature, and technical source information related to job responsibilities. •
- Ensure adherence to appropriate safety procedures.
- Assesses student performance and records data in appropriate database.
- Provides intervention and support for students with identified needs.
- Appropriately monitors and manages behavior of all students.
- Communicates effectively with parents, lead teacher, school and district leaders, partners, and/or governing agencies.
- Meets expectations outlined by the Teacher Keys Evaluation System.
- Follows the Operating Guidelines required by Bright from the Start, all county, state, and federal policies and procedures, and professional ethics in all work related activities.
- Attends all required trainings for Pre-K teachers.
Terms of employment: 190-Day Calendar/Salary is commensurate with certification level and verifiable years of experience.
A completed online application must include the following:
- Completed Liberty County School System online application;
- Two (2) electronic references from previous supervisors; automatically sent to listed references when application is submitted. (Note: one of the references must be from the most recent or current immediate supervisor);
- Copy of valid certificate, diploma(s), transcripts, test reports, and other relevant information (information may be uploaded to online application);
- Resume/CV (optional).