Local Motors, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Junior Software Engineer
at Local Motors, Inc.
As Junior Software Engineer for Launch Forth by LMI, you would help improve and extend the Launch Forth Co-Creation platform using client-side and server-side technologies. You will be expected to take on tasks ranging from simple bug fixes to building new and complex features. Your more senior colleagues will happily give you feedback and pair program with you as you grow your engineering skills.
- Regularly tackling bug tickets
- Improve our application by taking on bugs logged by QA
- Always strive to find ways to prevent the same or similar bugs by writing tests, writing comments, and updating our documentation
- Complete tickets to help build new features
- Build or extend existing components to help the LF platform grow and improve.
- Work closely with your team to write efficient, DRY code.
- Participate in sprint planning and backlog grooming sessions
- Attend and participate in daily standup meetings
- Help to assign points to tickets so we can make realistic estimations about our workload
- Participate in UX/UI reviews with the rest of the dev team.
- Give feedback about designs including expected user flows and user interactions with our interface.
- Always keep in mind the technical aspects of the design (state, user permissions, interactions, potential to simplify to promote reusability of components).
- Take ownership of in-app events and event architecture
- Continue to be the steward or our event architecture
- Take the lead in updating existing events and adding new events when business analysis needs it.
- Own system copy writing tasks
- Write copy for the app when needed.
- Focus on copy that needs to be checked into the code base.
- Work with an agile team to develop, test and maintain web based business applications.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of requirements.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
Desired Skills & Experience
- College or University degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Solid understanding of web application front and back ends.