Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job TitleStaff Accountant
The Staff Accountant reports to the Director of Accounting and is responsible for assisting with month-end, quarter-end and year end close responsibilities. The Staff Accountant will assist with the preparation of all internal and external financial reports in connection with month end close and perform various analytical procedures. The Staff Accountant will also prepare and review monthly accounting reconciliations with supporting journal entries and schedules, as well as providing support to audit requests.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations to ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Prepare internal and external financial reports and related analytical analysis.
- Assist in financial reporting system implementations.
- Assist in preparing for quarterly reviews and annual audits, including adherence to timelines, assisting in the resolution of audit issues, preparing schedules and providing information to the auditors as necessary.
- Ensure corporate accounting compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley section 404 throughout closing process and financial reporting.
- Assist finance team in various projects which help better assess financial information.
- Key contact person for field operations (markets) to review financial trends.
- Process ACH/Wire payments for disbursement to vendors and transportation providers
- Code and enter fixed asset invoices into FAS to record monthly fixed asset additions.
- Record monthly CIP and WIP additions for ongoing projects.
- Prepare/maintain policy and procedure documents for assigned tasks.
- BS/BBA in Accounting required
LogistiCare is an equal opportunity employer.
Work Location(s)1275 Peachtree St NE 6th Floor, Atlanta, Georgia 30309
- Strong knowledge of FASB, GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley section 404 requirements
- CPA or CPA track
- Intermediate experience with Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience with general ledger and financial reporting systems a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with fixed assets and SAGE FAS a plus
Environmental and Working Conditions:
- Majority of work time is conducted in an office setting and less than 10% may require travel