Marriott International Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Franchised Director of Food & Beverage
at Marriott International Incorporated
Job Number 190019PN
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection, 700 Drayton Street, Savannah, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The overall objective and purpose of the Food and Beverage Director position is to coordinate, supervise and direct all property food and beverage operations while maintaining profitable F&B and Banquet departments with high quality products and service levels. The incumbent is responsible for marketing creative ideas to promote business; reduce turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistent with Company standards. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the Food & Beverage Department and Banquet Department in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility (AOR)
- Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor and control payroll and other expenses
- Create and adhere to F&B budgets
- Create schedule utilizing forecasting and scheduling tools to provide maximum efficiency and labor savings
- Directs food and beverage services organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to functional strategic thinking and direction.
- Participate in weekly department head meetings, Event Order meetings and individual meetings as needed to meet business plan objectives and provide the appropriate communication and direction.
- Analyzes trends, prepares critical measurements, develops the F&B business plan; addresses customers, profits, associates and markets with the hotel management team; implements production, productivity, quality and guest-service strategies, designs systems solves problems; implements change
- Implements food and beverage financial strategies by anticipating requirements, trends and variances; develops budgets and capital expenditure plans; develops action plans, measures and analyzes results, initiates corrective actions, minimizing the impact of variances
- Approves menus by consulting with executive chef, beverage manager, room service manager and banquet managers; reviews potential F&B menus; evaluates popularity of past menu options and availability of seasonal food ingredients and wines; anticipates food and beverage consumption and estimates cost of ingredients; minimizing waste; approving orders with suppliers; monitors the evaluation of the quality of product
- Controls F&B supplies by meeting with sales representatives; negotiating prices and contracts; developing preferred supplier lists; reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions.
- Keeps F&B equipment operating by enforcing adherence to operating instructions
- Maintains safe, secure, legal and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing sanitation and quality of food and beverage preparation and service standards and procedures; monitors conformance to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission; enforcing sanitation and legal regulations of all kitchens, bars and service areas.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand guest service requirements.
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards
- Effectively motivate associates and maintain a cohesive team
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Ability to work with and understand financial information, data and basic arithmetic functions
- Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- F&B Outlet Managers
- Banquet Managers
Standards & Culture
- Individuals must serve as a cultural ambassador by upholding and promoting our standards.
- Image & Presence: Bohemian. Our team is sophisticated and purposeful in their communication and body language
- 50% Classical European, 35% Colorful Gypsy Lifestyle, 15% Funky California Free Spirit
- Service: Intuitive. Our team inspires the guest (and Grand Performer) experience with warmth and deliberate elegance.
- Greet, Undivided Attention, Enthusiastic Response, Smile, Thank You
- Listen, Empathize & Apologize, Accept Responsibility, Do Something About it, Exceed Expectations, Recover Loyalty
- Performance: Extraordinary. Our team rises to outperform and consistently beat our best for even better.
- Build loyalty to the company and not yourself
- Enhance property/company perception by both community and Grand Performers
- Align yourself with the company and lead others to do the same
- Collaborate effectively to accomplish goals and achieve results across departments and property locations
- Actively participate in meetings and shares ideas to determine the right course of action
- Foster a climate where individuals are committed to partnering and asking for help when needed
- Enthusiastically share knowledge, experience and talent with others
- Suggest methods for improving productivity and product quality
- Prepared and punctual for all meetings
- Conducts business and complete tasks according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Utilize required systems, equipment and resources
- Increase revenue/productivity while keeping costs within budget
- Prioritize urgent/vital tasks in order to meet set deadlines
- Improve professional competency and property/location performance
- Accept responsibility for actions and/or inactions
- Self-aware, solicit and embrace feedback
- Communicate feedback openly and respectfully
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Vice President of Food & Beverage Concepts
- Vice President of Food & Beverage Operations
- General Manager
- Director of Human Resources
- Education, License, Certifications, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related training equivalent - required
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets – required
Work Environment / Conditions
- The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.