Mohawk Industries, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DIRECTOR PRODUCTION PLANNING - COMMERCIAL
at Mohawk Industries, inc.
- Job ID
- FLSA Status
- Job Group
- Oversee the overall design, development, and communication of planning activities that ensure market competitiveness and organizational excellence by developing and executing planning models that supports the organization’s mission and values based on an internal and external needs assessment; monitor the external environment and identify opportunities to fulfill the corporate strategy; set priorities for production and inventory planning activities across the division and serve as a strategic liaison for key organizational initiatives between all divisions and their customers.
- Develop, direct the execution of, and oversee the overall production planning activities for the Division maximizing customer service delivery, production utilization, material control, inventory control, and purchasing; develop long-range planning initiatives for production control group, which includes continuously evaluating the manufacturing needs, capacities, capital, expenses, etc. to meet growth goals; oversee the management of inventory levels establishing goals, rotating stock, managing purchasing and supply base, and developing methods and procedures.
- Develop models to prepare production forecast, to measure actual performance against goals and to perform trend analysis for senior management reporting and proactive strategic planning; direct the development and communication of cost control policies, procedures and statistical data to plan and establish inventory levels, required materials and tools to meet customer demands while maximize working capital; Collaborate with senior management teams that crosses organization lines to proactively develop strategies and areas for waste elimination, process streamlining, cost reduction and containment, and overall resources management.
- Stay abreast of the industry and economic changes and trends, and determine potential impact on the business services and processes as well as customer requirements; analyze the current business environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions to ensure timely and effective responses and continuous business success. Work with peers, subordinate management, and project teams to proactively identify and resolve operational and tactical issues and to employ and manage supporting business and culture change that accompanies growth.
- Establish vision and direction for the for the company’s strategic long and short term planning needs. Lead and mentor a dynamic team of individuals who constantly search for creative ways to elevate the capabilities of systems to meet business needs, partly by capitalizing on emerging technologies and partly by adapting technologies to the needs of the customer. Provide direction to include staff development and training. Provide leadership, direction, and growth opportunities to members of the Planning Department, performing those responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning of direct work, appraising performance, disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Perform other duties as required in support of the company/division goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or the related field. MBA preferred
- APIC and CPIM Certification preferred
- LEAN Manufacturing, Six Sigma, TQM, or other comparable training and experience preferred
- MRP Systems planning experience
- 10+ years of job specific work experience with demonstrated professional growth and achievement in an organization of comparable size, business diversity, scope and complexity, experience must include:
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale planning, capacity
- Management and inventory planning systems, policies, and processes
- Demonstrated experience developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
- High dollar and high risk vendor contract negotiation and management
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience, which includes project leadership in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation, across multiple internal and external reporting organizational lines.
- Demonstrated experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement involving broad-based information systems, utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change.
- 6+ years of demonstrated management/leadership experience that include
- Strategic thinking and leadership experience with an emphasis on relationship management with all levels within an organization of comparable size and structure
- Experience leading multidiscipline, high-performance work teams/groups and managing resources to meet organizational goals across multiple projects
- Preferred experience in flooring industry
- Superior oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment, and diplomacy when interacting or negotiating with internal and external customers and senior management. Ability to communicate with others in antagonistic situations using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
- Strong business knowledge, ability to present and explain information and statistical data in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Ability to perform in a nonhierarchical, flat organization and to thrive in a somewhat unstructured “hands-on” environment that demands a consultative approach and solutions that span multiple environments in a business area.
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to challenge established practices, and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to stimulate, market, and sell new ideas within the organization.
- Excellent human resource management skills to effectively lead and direct a diverse work group, to achieve results through team efforts, and the desire and ability to motivate, persuade, and direct the activities of others. Demonstrated ability to energize multidiscipline work teams to achieve results through team efforts, capitalizing on the team’s diversity.
- Ability to act as a managerial advisor on professional and technical issues with a view towards reaching strategic decisions; ability to manage conflicting demands for resources through negotiation.
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety, and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Direct reports consist of diverse teams of management/leadership employees, professional and staff employees.
Other Pertinent Job Information:
- Normal office environment
- Routine local and domestic travel
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.