Mohawk Industries, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GENERAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN I - TIFTON, GA - 12 HOUR NIGHTS
at Mohawk Industries, inc.
- Job ID
- FLSA Status
- Job Group
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.*P*
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
5:00 PM - 5:00 AM
This position provides daily oversight and expertise to the Mohawk Cushion production division. The job holder draws a seasoned technical maintenance experience to provide repair of production equipment and in the design, redesign and fabrication of new and existing production and computer processing equipment. Applies an advanced level of technical skills and broad knowledge of industry standards and government regulations relative to the installation, maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment, physical structures, pipes and related electrical systems in the company facilities. Proactively identifies and takes action to correct unsafe working or building conditions, equipment malfunctions and other emergencies or coordinates with the appropriate department, vendor or contactor to promptly resolve problems and minimize downtime. Stays informed of applicable OSHA and company safety guidelines and operating procedures.
- Repair equipment and or production line that may involve electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and/or electromechanical machinery.
- Visibly inspects and tests machinery and equipment to detect malfunctions and discuss machine operation variations with supervisors, machine operators, and other maintenance workers to diagnose problem and repair machines.
- Diagnoses problems with electrical systems including malfunctions in wiring, switches, relays, fuses, circuit breakers, and other electrical apparatus, equipment and components.
- Responsible for using power or hand tools for basic mechanical repairs.
- Responds to emergencies, work orders and performs scheduled preventative maintenance routines and safety inspections. Assist team members, vendors or contactors install, upgrade, trouble shoot and/or diagnose equipment and systems.
- Stay informed of and ensures all local, state and federal building codes, applicable OSHA and company guidelines and operating procedures are maintained. Proactively identifies and takes action to correct unsafe working or building conditions and equipment malfunctions and other emergencies, or coordinates with the appropriate department, vendor or contactor to promptly resolve problems and minimize downtime
- Ensures compliance to all company and regulatory safety and environmental guidelines and practices to include wearing the appropriate safety garments, using the appropriate tools and equipments and exercising the required safety behaviors for the task at hand.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Associate’s degree or technical certification in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and experience to perform the essential functions of the job
- In-depth knowledge of applicable building electrical, plumbing, boilers, etc. and proficient using all applicable tools and equipment.
- Experience operating a forklift may be required
- Possess a technical aptitude to read and understand technical documents and instructions such as, blue prints, electrical schematics, mechanical and machine drawings for installations, troubleshooting and repair
- Reads and writes in standards English and proficient performing basic math calculations such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing in all units of measure, including fractions and decimals.
- Successful completion of all training and ability to operate and performs preventative maintenance on assigned department equipment, machinery, tools, etc.
- Successful completion of all required health and environmental safety training.
- May be required to use PC and other department specific database systems
- Ability to communicate in standard English and to convey information clearly and concisely; to understand and follow verbal or written instructions and to keep simple records and make reports
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with internal and external customer and to build effective working relationship with diverse work groups.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Ability to work weekends when required
- Ability to maintain an acceptable level of attendance in accordance with company and department guidelines
- Ability to performs specific duties with instructions but without direct supervision
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds
- Must be able to walk long distances, climb on ladders and stand for long periods of time. Bending, crouching and stooping may be required. Must also be able to work in non-climate controlled facilities. Work environment is a noisy, high traffic manufacturing production floor. May be required to work a flexible schedule to include evening and night shifts, weekends and holidays. Willing to work in all types of weather.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.