Mohawk Industries, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tifton, GA- Machine Operator I (Bore)
at Mohawk Industries, inc.
- Job ID
- FLSA Status
- Job Group
We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We're redefining flooring with products that, not only minimize climate impact, but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion-dollar Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions, while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Mohawk Industries is the world’s largest flooring company – and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: MHK) and our competitive advantages are huge.
- Responsible for weighing and boring logs used in work-in-process inventory
- According to the production schedule, weighs and inspects log material before entering the boring process. Ensures the raw material meets all necessary specifications so that high quality products are delivered to downstream processes and final customers
- Uses equipment to bore logs to specification and then to place them to the next process
- Use computer for pad program
- Ensure work area and equipment are clean and operational, gaining assistance as necessary to resolve any issues that may impact production
- Performs general housekeeping duties to maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Performs other duties as required
- Basic Computer Skills
- Prior experience in a production environment preferred
- Must be an effective team member
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations
- Requires a high degree of mental and visual attention to perform all tasks safely
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, (bending, crouching, and stooping may be required)
- Work environment is a noisy, high traffic production floor.
- Flexible schedule which may include evening and night shifts, weekends and holidays
- Reads and writes in standard English and proficient performing basic math calculations such as addition and subtraction
- Successful completion of all required health and environmental safety training
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.