Mueller Water Products
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Test Engineering
at Mueller Water Products
About Mueller Water Products
Mueller Water Products Inc. is a leading manufacturer and marketer of products and services used in the transmission, distribution and measurement of water in North America. Our broad product and service portfolio includes engineered valves, fire hydrants, metering products and systems, leak detection and pipe condition assessment. We help municipalities increase operational efficiencies, improve customer service, and prioritize capital spending, demonstrating why Mueller Water Products is Where Intelligence Meets Infrastructure®.
Technology continues to play an integral role within our industry and as a company, Mueller is well positioned to be at the forefront of developing technologies that will help enable the future of smart water utilities. In line with our strategic initiative to accelerate the development of new products, we are establishing a Center of Excellence for software and electronics in Atlanta, GA.
We are looking for a Director, Test Engineering to be a key member in our engineering Center of Excellence. Come be a part of this new team as we lead the way to the future of smart water technology!
Director Test Engineering
This role is accountable for assuring that the system meets the functional performance, security and quality requirements defined by the product management, engineering, sales, supply chain, and manufacturing teams. System comprises of an on-premise and cloud infrastructure, Internet of Things (IOT) devices, sensors such as metrology, acoustic, pressure and other. Plan, develop, implement, and maintain quality testing standards and methods to ensure the quality of the total system and devices before the release of any product for sales. Conduct research and analysis tasks to evaluate appropriate tools and platform is utilized to ensure long term quality. Expertise in testing methods for long term battery life, environmental testing for water intrusion, and large-scale software applications are required.
- Develop, manage, measure, monitor and report on key performance indicators (KPI)
- Develop and maintain a high performing organization with a well-documented roadmap, goals and objectives.
- Prepare budgets and team objectives.
- Manage the planning, design, implementation and documentation for testing of the systems and devices.
- Represent test engineering, work collaboratively with the other departments providing schedules and requirements.
- Build relationships with business partners to ensure test engineering input is used throughout the product development process.
- Provide executive reporting and real-time updates to leadership.
- Ensure customer satisfaction (internal and external) while engaging day to day operations.
- Use test engineering best practices, platforms and tools to ensure the highest quality and reliability of the systems.
- Manage day to day activities of the quality assurance engineers.
- Participate/contribute to design failure mode and effect analysis (DFMEA) sessions with development teams.
- Troubleshoot architecture issues for multiple automation initiatives including:
- Python and QA Robot for firmware command line interface (CLI) automation
- SoapUI for application programming interface (API) automation
- Cypress / Selenium for user interface (UI) automation
- Create and review verification plans.
- Drive automation of test activities.
- Support sustaining efforts.
- Experience in hardware, embedded software (firmware), and device development for industrial systems. Working knowledge of waterfall development process for firmware and hardware.
- Experience with long-term reliability and life-testing of battery powered devices. Knowledge of system electrical design validation/verification testing (eDVT).
- Knowledge of reliability engineering tools and techniques for robust design such as Weibull analysis, Accelerated Life Testing (ALT), Highly-Accelerated Life Testing (HALT), Ongoing Reliability Testing (ORT), etc.
- Thorough understanding of Agile software development process. Agile scrum master training preferred.
- Experience developing and employing system/device testing standards and best practices.
- Experience in developing reliability prediction models for systems and components a plus.
- Experience with regulatory/compliance testing standards and methods.
- Experience with Digital Six Sigma a plus
- Ability to work in a matrix organization with employees spread across multiple sites in the US and Canada
- Excellent written and verbal communications
Education and Experience
- BS in an engineering discipline required. Advance degree in engineering or business is preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience. 10 or more years is preferred.