Northern Tool + Equipment
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Northern Tool + Equipment
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To perform cashiering and related activities for the retail store in a professional, courteous, accurate and helpful manner in order to effectively assist customers and enhance the image and reputation of the Company.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Greets, directs and waits on customers. Answers phone calls in a professional, courteous manner.
2. Writes up orders and rain checks, opens accounts, checks prices, rings up sales, makes change and authorizes credit card purchases.
3. Counts down the cash register drawer by using intelliscale to verify funds, places the correct daily starting currency in the cash drawer and prepares daily deposit for bank.
4. Offers Service Protection Plans (SPP’s) and other qualified programs as available and dictated by Company policy.
5. Acquires supervisor’s approvals on all disbursements of Company funds, returns, and credit authorizations.
6. Down-stocks, faces and fronts all merchandise in their assigned areas according to Company merchandising standards.
7. Protects the store against theft or other suspicious activity.
8. Follows Company approved Customer Service Standards.
9. Keeps supervisor informed of important information developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
10. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school education or equivalent.
• At least six months of related retail sales experience preferred.
• Knowledge of light industrial products, hydraulics, etc.
• Ability to work accurately with numbers.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers.
• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequently required to use hands to handle objects; and talk or hear.
• Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
• Frequent bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and lifting.
• Required to stand on cement floor for long periods of time.
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
BUILD YOUR CAREER WITH NORTHERN TOOL + EQUIPMENT!
At Northern Tool + Equipment, we know we have really great tools and equipment to get the job done, but it’s the strength of our employees who really drive our success.
For more than 30 years we have been the ultimate source for contractors, automotive shops, homeowners and do-it-yourselfers. Northern Tool + Equipment is a multi-million dollar retail, internet and catalog powerhouse with strength and stability rivaled only by the products we sell. We are a family business that takes pride in our ability to equip our customers with the tools to tackle tough challenges. We strive to build lasting relationships and promote a fun and unique Northern experience.
As we grow, we are always on the lookout for skilled employees to join our team. We look for customer-focused team players that desire career growth in a challenging but rewarding work environment. Our different divisions offer a variety of full and part-time career opportunities for all levels of skills and experience from entry level to senior roles.
If you’re interested in joining our corporate office you’ll find a range of exciting opportunities in E-Commerce, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Real Estate and Facilities, Merchandising, Information Systems, Transportation/Logistics, Operations and Business Development & Compliance.
Our customer contact centers are the ideal setting for a rewarding career in Customer Service, Sales, or Management. Northern Tool operates three Customer Contact Centers to support its catalog operations. Our Customer Care Centers offer entry level positions such as Customer Care Representatives and Supervisory/Management positions. Our Sales Contact Centers offer careers in both inbound and outbound sales as well as Supervisory/Management positions.
In our retail stores we offer positions in the areas of Sales, Cashiering, Product Placement, Service Center, and Management. Our success solely depends on our customers, and we pride ourselves in providing them the absolute best service in the industry. If you are outgoing, professional, sales oriented and passionate about our industry than we encourage you to take a look at the opportunities within our stores.
Our manufacturing and distribution centers offer great opportunities for Fork Lift Drivers, Receivers, and Pickers as well as opportunities in Assembly, Machine Operating, Welding, Engineering, and Management.
At Northern Tool, we recognize the important role each employee plays in contributing to the success of our company. Ultimately, it is through the personal growth and daily achievements of our employees that the Northern vision will come to life and the company will continue to flourish. That’s why we offer diverse and challenging opportunities as well as competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Together we can build the framework to a great career.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Join the Northern Tool + Equipment Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?