Oakhurst Medical Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Behavioral Health Counselor (LCSW)
at Oakhurst Medical Centers
- # of Openings
The Behavioral Health Consultant (BHC) reports to the Medical Director and is responsible for ensuring that the medically related emotional and social needs of the patients are met and maintained on an individual basis in accordance with policies and procedures, current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations. The BHC must be physically present at work during business hours to perform these duties.
- Design and implement clinical pathways and protocols for treatment of selected chronic conditions.
- Offer short-term therapy.
- Provide culturally appropriate direct counseling and therapy to clients in the form of individual counseling, group therapy, family therapy, addiction counseling, and supportive care.
- Perform consultations and give provider feedback.
- Utilize care-management skills and knowledge of local resources for outside referrals.
- Perform targeted, individual brief psychotherapy and in running group sessions.
- Must be licensed in the state of Georgia as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) from an accredited School of Social Work.
- Related experience in a medical setting (i.e. primary care, hospital, community based clinic, etc.) and/or integrated behavioral health.
- Flexibility to deal with frequent schedule interruptions and a fast paced working environment.
- Comfortability with short-term therapy.
- Experience providing culturally appropriate direct counseling and therapy to clients in the form of individual counseling, group therapy, addiction counseling and supportive care.
- Working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence based treatments for mental health and medical conditions (e.g. disease management, motivational interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for depression/anxiety/insomnia/chronic pain, treatment adherence, and lifestyle change).
- Comfortability with the pace of integrated behavioral health-primary care and working with an interdisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of psychopharmacology.
- Knowledge of care-management skills and of local resources for outside referrals.
- Knowledge of targeted, brief psychotherapy and in running group sessions.
- Excellent communication, phone etiquette, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Excellent consultation skills.
- Excellent writing skills and experience with charting/writing notes in medical settings.