Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
PAE is currently seeking a Forensic Chemist based in Fort Gillem, GA
May be required to travel OCONUS (as needed)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform examinations to identify if substances are drug, explosive, or other. To include weigh, sample, and analyze the substance to determine a substance origin.
- Utilize the following instrumentation:
- Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS)
- Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) Spectroscopy
- Liquid Chromatography/ Mass Spectrometry / Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS/MS)
- X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF)
- X-Ray Diffraction (XRD)
- Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICPMS)
- Polarized Light Microscope (PLM)
- Ion Chromatography (IC)
- Compare sample results to a library of known results for the specific instrumentation and chemical being tested.
- Use photographic equipment to capture still images of each evidence item and relevant key portions of the evidence item, or other exhibits, to support further analysis, conclusions, and documentation.
- Document examination results/findings in the WEAT database.
- Annotate the case file documentation, detailing the processing techniques and the examination results.
- Perform administrative and/or technical reviews of reports and worksheets.
- Ensure a proper chain of custody for all evidence is maintained.
- Maintain a clean laboratory and personal workspace environment, in accordance with local laboratory procedures.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree coupled with 4+ years’ experience
- Proficiency working with chemistry analytical methodologies Gas Chromatography (GC) and/or Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) Spectroscopy.
- Must have some explosive chemistry expereince
- Must be able to successfully pass all medical requirements for deployment.
- Must be able to successfully pass a skills assessment.
- Able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world’s toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia. Find us online at pae.com.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.