Par Government Systems Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Par Government Systems Corporation
Rome Research Corporation is seeking full time, on-site Network Engineers in support of the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) located in Glynco, Georgia. Network Engineers manage the purchase, installation, and support of FLETC Enterprise Services including LAN/WAN systems; plan, design, develop, install, modify, and test FLETC networks; provides recommendations on differing networking implementations and designs; effectively collaborates with senior technical and staff users in a hands-on consultative role on supported projects and tasks.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot network hardware.
- Plan large scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing systems installation; defining, documenting and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting FLETC Enterprise Network problems and outages; collaborating with network system administrators and/or network architects on network optimization.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Reporting Network status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing tasks.
- Collaborate with network team engineers, System Engineers, equipment vendors, and other personnel to identify, define and solve trending or developmental problems.
- Must possess knowledge of network principles, protocols and design to evaluate and provide optimal network performance.
- Prepare technical recommendations to Infrastructure Change Control Board (ICCB) packets and coordinates recommendations with local, OneNet, and DC personnel and implements changes correctly during network rollouts.
- Implements operational network systems and prototypes according to current and future engineering data and Government requirements.
- Ability to collaborate with network team engineers and System Engineers, equipment vendors, and other personnel to identify, define, and solve trending or developmental problems.
- Ability to communicate, coordinate and resolve technical issues with OneNet Engineering personnel within the entire DHS network topology including the DHS Data Centers (DC).
- CCNA or better certification desired
- CompTIA Security+ or better certification desired
- 1-5 year of technical experience in network engineering or related field
- Previous experience with FLETC is a plus
- Hands on experience with internetworking equipment to include configuration, installation and/or troubleshooting required
It is the policy of PAR to prohibit all forms of discrimination and to affirmatively implement equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, military status, national origin, disability, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or other legally protected status and positive action shall be taken to insure the fulfillment of this policy.