Pet Paradise Resorts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Manager (Atlanta)
at Pet Paradise Resorts
- 29-May-2019 to 28-Jul-2019 (EST)
- College Park, GA, USA
- Full Time
Assistant Manager (Pet Resort & Veterinary Services)
The ultimate pet experience. Pet Paradise Resort offers full service boarding, grooming services and pet day camp at each of our nationwide resorts. We offer luxury upgrades, indoor and outdoor play areas, bone-shaped swimming pools and spa-type pet care. At Pet Paradise, we are committed to providing a safe, clean and fun environment for all pets.
We are rapidly expanding our services by offering Veterinary Services at each of our resorts!
Come grow with us!
As an Assistant Resort/Veterinary Manager you will:
- Oversee the daily operation of the Resort and help support Veterinary Clinic team and operations; manage operations to provide and maintain standards of conduct, cleanliness, and safety.
- Lead front desk team by providing customer service and performing the functions of the Front Desk Associate as required.
- Supervise, train, and coach Resort and Veterinary teams based on company standards and training guidelines.
- Work with Veterinary associates in the diagnostic care and equipment maintenance.
- Prepare work schedules, bank deposits, administrative reports, and human resources paperwork.
- Assist Resort Manager in hiring process and conduct employee performance evaluations.
- Be devoted to the philosophy of wellness and preventive care to ensure long-term pet health
Hiring Qualifications and Competencies:
- Communication Skills
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Peer Relationships
- Drive for Results
- Team Management
- Business Acumen
- Technical Competence
- Ability to multi-task - Manages multiple tasks at one time; quickly and accurately shifts attention among multiple tasks under distracting conditions without loss of accuracy or appearance of frustration.
- Organizational ability Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning chaos into order.
- Intellectual ability Accurately and consistently follows instructions delivered in an oral, written or diagram format. Provide directions. Commitment to continual learning.
- Mathematical ability Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and to compute rate, ratio and percent; ability to convert units of measurement.
- Computer skills Comfortably and confidently uses a computer and specialized software
- Sales and marketing skills Educates clients on preventive care, pet health needs and wellness services, and enthusiastically promotes the benefits of wellness plans.
- Initiative Shows willingness and aptitude to use own discretion in taking appropriate steps in finding solutions to problems; presents options and ideas to enhance current processes or procedures. Takes on additional responsibility when both big and small tasks need to be done.
- Integrity Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Pet Paradise. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
- Cooperativeness Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly shares relevant information with others.
- Flexibility Is open to changing situations and opportunities and is willing to perform all tasks assigned.
- Independence Able and willing to perform tasks and duties without supervision.
- Tolerance for Stress / Resiliency Maintains a positive "can do" outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to be confident and safe around pets
- This position often requires working weekends and evenings.
- The noise level in the work environment is high.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, or move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to reach and grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read information.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Associate is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Some travel may be required to assist other area wellness clinics as well as for vendor visits and associate education
Experience, Education, and/or Training:
- Combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Management Experience Required.
- Veterinary experience is a plus.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin