Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at PK Management
PK Management LLC, a leading property management company in the multi-housing industry, has openings for full-time Property Manager’s (Section 8 and LIHTC experience preferred). We are seeking a self-motivated and career-minded individual to join our team. Professional and friendly work environment. Salary commensurate with experience, with competitive bonus and incentive opportunities. Great benefits including health, life, vacation and 401K! Equal Opportunity Employer.
A Property Manager is responsible for all operational and financial aspects of a property under 300 units and meeting company goals in those areas. Results are achieved by facilitating the optimum performance of the property in areas such as personnel management, leasing, collections, resident services, maintenance, revenue enhancement, capital improvements, information re- porting and compliance with all applicable laws and company policies. This position operates within and contributes to an environment in compliance with Fair Housing laws and Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Supervise leasing and maintenance staff including delegating work, reviewing work, maintaining deadlines, training and scheduling.
- Maintain property occupancy by effectively retaining residents and successfully marketing property to attract new residents.
- Approve lease applicants.
- Administer HUD re-certifications, if applicable.
- Evaluate current market conditions and competition.
- Increase revenue while maintaining controllable expenses including revenue collections and delinquency balances.
- Provide customer service to residents resolving any issues that may occur and ensuring maintenance completes service requests.
- Coordinate resident activities and correspondence (i.e., monthly newsletters).
- Contact and negotiate with vendors.
- Obtain bids and manage capital improvement projects.
- Ensure that all property reporting is completed in a timely manner (i.e., financial reports,, marketing reports).
- Operate within budget and purchasing guidelines.
- Maintain curb appeal by walking/inspecting property and vacant units.
- Conduct Human Resources functions; recruiting, interviewing, performance reviews, salary reviews, explanation of benefits.
- New hire orientation, termination.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed.
- Attend court proceedings, as necessary.
- Coordinate and lead staff meetings, as necessary.
- Assist other properties, as needed.
- Completion of internal training for market-rate: One-Site – Navigation and Prospects, Move-ins and Rents, Move-outs.
- Completion of internal training for affordable housing: One-Site – Navigation of Receipts and Waitlists, Certifications and Charges, Move-outs.
- Other responsibilities as assigned/needed.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Administrative Skills – data entry, filing, answering phones, familiarity with legal aspects/fair housing laws, familiarity with company policies and procedures.
- Analytical Skills – ability to create and manage property budget, review and analyze current market conditions, analyze property reports (occupancy, accounting, traffic).
- Communication/Language Skills – ability to communicate with all staff levels, residents, vendors and prospective residents, ability to correspond with all contacts via letters, memos, newsletters and emails, ability to present material to staff.
- Computer Skills – Outlook, Excel, Word, Internet, One-Site.
- Coordinating Skills – ability to coordinate resident functions, staff meetings and functions, ability to prioritize and delegate tasks daily, ability to handle emergency/unexpected situations, ability to set future goals.
- Creative Skills – ability to be creative in marketing, leasing, retaining residents and retaining residents.
- Leadership Skills – ability to motivate and lead staff providing them with the direction and training that is necessary for them to succeed, ability to solve resident and staff issues.
- Manual Skills – be willing to pick up trash, clean, spread salt, shovel snow as well as other general manual duties, as needed.
- Maintenance Skills – general knowledge of maintenance is helpful when acting as liaison between maintenance staff and residents.
- Mathematical Skills – ability to calculate lease balances, move-in costs, pro-rations, special rates (i.e., pets, garages), late fees, bank deposits, discounts.
- Other Skills – confidentiality, customer service, decision-making, patience, respect, teamwork.
Working Conditions Work is typically performed in a normal office environment with moderate noise level. Walking is required for property tours and may expose Property Managers to weather conditions. It may be necessary to lift weights up to 25 pounds.
With more than 136 properties throughout 20 states nationwide, PK Management is a proud partner in affordable housing options and resources that support the health and happiness of each resident we serve. From management and maintenance to service and sales support, PK Management is always seeking new talent with experience in Section 8 and/or tax credit.
Winner of the “Leadership & Affordable Housing Award” from EnergyStar and recipient of awards for “Communities of Quality” (NAHMA) and “Excellence in Multicultural Aging” (American Society on Aging), PK Management enjoys tremendous industry recognition for our efforts to support a nationwide community of thriving, successful residents. We are currently hiring for a variety of key positions throughout our organization, including:
- Property Managers
- HVAC Technicians
- Leasing Agents
- Office Assistants
- Maintenance Technicians
- Social Service Coordinators
- Maintenance Supervisors
PK Management employees enjoy a wealth of benefits that prioritize their personal and professional wellbeing – including comprehensive health insurance, generous paid time off, retirement savings, wellness rewards, and continuous career development support.
Ready to learn more about our winning team? Join the PK Management Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities near you!
What is a Talent Network?
Education: High School Diploma/GED required; some college beneficial
Work Experience: 3 years of experience required.
Licenses/Certifications: CAM (beneficial), ARM (beneficial), NCHM or Quadel COS (required for Affordable Housing), SCS (required at Tax Credit site), NAHMA Certification (beneficial), real estate license (beneficial), and valid driver’s license required.