Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MOT Supervisor - Savannah, Georgia
at Prince Contracting
Reports To: Project Superintendent
· Communicate with project superintendent regarding scheduling or crews and subcontractors, phasing, detours, etc.
· Maintain inventories of equipment for company and all subcontractors; run comparisons against actual counts
· Review and submit certified quantities
· Assist safety management team with investigations of any jobsite accident investigations on the project
· Mentor traffic control specialist trainees enrolled in FDOT OJT Program. Communicate and collaborate with engineers and project managers to assure successful completion of program and accuracy of training and time records.
· Assist in the hiring process of MOT crews
· Supervise MOT crew(s)
· Coordinate MOT operations with inspectors, engineers, project superintendent, and project foremen
· Implementation of the project’s traffic control plan using the proper specifications and guidelines
· Full oversight and authority regarding the project’s maintenance of traffic implementation
· Must be able to stand, kneel, walk, lift up to 50 pounds, bend, stoop, push and pull
· Must be able to work on average ten (10) hours per day, five days (and occasionally six days) per week
· All work is performed outdoors in Florida heat and rain; and around heavy highway traffic areas
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.