Purchasing Power, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Analyst - Web Analytics
at Purchasing Power, LLC
Business Data Analyst
Purchasing Power, Midtown Atlanta, GA
Business Data Analyst
Purchasing Power one of Atlanta’s fastest growing e-retailers is seeking a Business Data Analyst to join our team in Atlanta, GA. In this role, the selected candidate will utilize their expertise …….
This individual may be required to provide input to or participate in various projects and will perform other duties as requested.
What you’ll do.
The Business Data Analyst supports client data integration across the company’s global enterprise. Manages the retrieval, transformation, delivery, and exchange of data between both internal and external business systems across all business units and client base. Provides daily operational production support, with a focus on Fraud Analytics. Requires a strong understanding of discipline. Able to apply knowledge and experience to complex problems and develop recommendations. Makes decisions within broad parameters. Acts as an informal resource for others with less experience. Works with team members to provide operational support, documentation, and knowledge sharing of best practices.
- Provides data driven input, with insight and forward-thinking recommendations to business leaders.
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate company and research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision making
- Consistently provide proactive and prescriptive analytics
- Monitor daily/weekly/monthly metrics and alert business leaders to issues and trends
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues
- Analyze business activities and present results and recommendations to enhance operational strategies both for awareness, effectiveness and overall financial benefit.
- Review business processes via analysis and involvement to develop optimization strategies the focus on value-add work.
- Develop predictive models of customer value, behavior, and responsiveness based on various business activities related to Fraud, Fed Gov, Account Management, Account Recovery, Sales, HR, and Underwriting
- Recognizes and communicates financial implications of business decisions and strategy.
- Provides support related to data needs stored within databases, including Domo reports.
- Maintains relationship with IT and Finance teams to assure data accuracy and integrity.
- Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within the departments you support
- Creates process procedures, standards, and flows for current and future state initiatives/analysis.
- Completes special projects as assigned for various departments such as Fed Gov, Account Management, Account Recovery, Sales, HR, and Underwriting
- Ensure all deliverables adhere to department quality and delivery standards.
- Maintaining and staying up to date on the latest analytical tools and trends.
- Lead meetings and develop presentations to easily explain analysis and drive actionable results.
- Actively participate and partner in operational department financial related meetings.
- Incorporate proven modeling that provides future predictions on business operations and financial status.
- Possess strong analytical skills and the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and processes end to end with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate quantitative information in a qualitative manner
- Extensive knowledge of SAS programming
- Excellent problem-solving skills in a team environment
- Natural curiosity and a lifelong learner
- Demonstrating understanding of how one’s actions and/or work impact the Company’s relationship with consumers and customers
- Understanding of business calculations to determine return on investment, cost per acquisition, profitability, high value segments, and market analysis
- Ability to understand business objectives and requirements, organize and interpret results, and deliver insights and recommendations through effective reporting
- Must be detail-oriented and very organized with the ability to multi-task to deliver timely output and handle shifting priorities professionally.
- The ability to manage/manipulate large data sets efficiently while keeping data very organized and clean is also very important.
- Be open to and accepting of a rapidly changing dynamic business environment.
- Bachelor’s in Economics, Decision Sciences, Mathematics, Finance or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of business analysis experience
- Three (3) or more years of extensive experience with SAS and other statistical software packages
- Minimum of two years of experience with VBA, SQL, Microsoft Access, BI/data visualization
- Advanced Analytic Techniques: Knowledge of advanced quantitative analytic techniques and protocols used to build necessary business models
- Advanced knowledge with data analytics and data mining
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to build consensus and project plans
- Consumer Ecommerce and/or Retail experience is a plus
- Experience with Voluntary Benefits Administration is a plus
- Masters Preferred