Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Operations Lead
at Reliant Technology
Wanted: Business Operations guru that loves process, projects and people
You are needed. Here's why:
We started Reliant 12 years ago and built a business that has thrived without a strong operational core. This has to change. We are growing at a rate where each function of the business needs defined processes, handoff points and then living them through accountability and systems. This is hard work but for you process, design, project management and systems implementation come naturally. They don't come naturally to us.
This is where you come in.
We are in need of operations minded person to join our team and help us bring order to our business. Instead of hiring a COO, we want to hire someone in a new function called Business Ops. This role will partner with each function to bring operational order across the business.
You'll lead the Business Ops team, which consists of you, members of the leadership team and some of their staff. We envision this being a matrixed role and team and will need your help and experience to make it a success.
The challenge and expectations:
- Review our processes across the business and help define them as necessary
- Pick a project, process or area that is broken and fix it
- Implement or integrate technology that helps support processes
- We use Salesforce, Fishbowl, custom Ruby on Rails and XLS today
- Manage projects of the leadership team and uphold to agreed upon standards
- Help us sequence projects in the right order to create the best impact
Is this you?
Our business is centered on helping customers upgrade and support data center infrastructure. We have a solid group of teammates, partners and customers. We just need the right operational talent working as a partner across functions.
Background (We think):
- You can write. You are smart. You are humble. You know how to get buy-in.
- You're NOT a perfectionist; you have a bias towards action
- You are resourceful, driven, kind and love a challenge
- You are technical and understand software and hardware
- You're quick to learn, integrate and reuse technology
- You might have written code at some point
- You can run projects in your sleep
- You get and love process
- You're really good with numbers
- You like cold beer, dogs and sunshine
- Ideally you have data center, third party maintenance or SaaS experience.
Why it's an exciting opportunity
We are up to some really cool stuff and we desperately need an operations mind to join our team. This is going to be a role where you jump right in. You won't be hand-held that much. We need a self-starter that thrives on figuring stuff out without constant direction. You see this as a challenge and love the independence. If you need to be micromanaged, this is not a good fit.
When we nail what we are up to, it's going to change the way people buy, sell and support IT. We'll need more and more operational muscle to scale which means more opportunity for you.
We're looking for a special person to join our team. I wish it could support all personality types, but it can't. You have to have the chops and will to succeed. It will take a lot of work. If you get easily ruffled, it just won't be a fit.
Our office feels like California and is located off Howell Mill Rd in Atlanta, GA.
Reliant is 41 people strong and growing. We deliver IT uptime at a price our customers can afford by providing data center support and hardware (EMC, NetApp, Dell, HP, Cisco) ranging from $10,000 to $500,000. Customers love us for saving them money, saving them time and helping them come up with creative ways to avoid downtime.
We firmly believe that one great mind is better than 10 mediocre ones, so we're happy to pay the best rates for the best people.