Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at River Edgle
- 27-Aug-2019 to 26-Nov-2019 (EST)
- Child & Adolescent
- Macon, GA, USA
- Full Time
River Edge is in search of a full time provider to serve clients in the Adult and Child & Adolescent Unit.
Location/Schedule: Macon, GA 3120 Monday thru Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm - no on call
Typical day to day duties will include:
- Provide psychiatric initial evaluation, ongoing assessments, and/or crisis assessments
- Provide patient education on diagnosis, medication, monitoring response to treatment and side effects of medication, informed consent, treatment adherence, and other individualized topics
- Provides required documentation in the medical record to reflect the diagnosis, treatment goals, interventions and standards of the agency to meet requirements of state and federal funding entities
- Documents and signs assessments, progress notes, and medication or lab orders on same day of service
- Signs orders for service prior to initiation of services
- Reviews and signs individual service plans addressing the goals and treatment interventions appropriate for the individual
- Prescribes appropriate medication and obtains baseline metabolic indices as indicated and in accordance with River Edge standards of care and all applicable professional, state and federal standards
- Prescribes monitors, modifies, and/or discontinues medications as indicated and documents medical necessity and these processes in the medical record of individual
- Orders medical assessments, consultations, referrals, medications and laboratory tests as indicated for patients
- Serves as delegating physician for (and as determined) nurse practitioners or clinical nurse specialists as assigned
- Participates in the Medical Staff peer review/documentation/utilization review processes and maintains agency-established targeted outcomes
- Provides ongoing clinical and administrative supervision, and performance-evaluations of assigned staff
- Responds promptly to communications from Medical Services Office and Utilization Management
- Responds to phone inquiries of patients and pharmacies as directed
- Attends Medical Staff meetings as indicated
- Attends all required Agency meetings and training
Graduate from a medical school recognized by AND an active Physician license granted by the Georgia composite state board of medical examiners AND board certification in a Psychiatry specialty.
At least 2 years of post-licensure psychiatric experience working with adults and children and adolescents in a mental health setting.
All selected applicants must pass a satisfactory background clearance and pre-employment drug test.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by the hiring agency. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.