Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Operations
at RR Donnelley
Manage and ensure performance, efficiency, and product quality standards are met for assigned manufacturing area. Provide guidance to manufacturing supervisors regarding the coordination of department standards with overall plant objectives. Provide budgetary input in regards to equipment/staffing needs, etc. Monitor output, cycle times, routings, and quality indicators for assigned manufacturing area. Resolve issues that arise and reinforce positive findings with teams and supervisors. Work with other department managers such as Production, Planning etc. to resolve difficult or recurring productivity problems. Ensure supervisors and employees are trained and evaluated on safety procedures and policies. Emphasize importance of maintaining and operating equipment and keeping work areas clean from debris. Respond to and report on injuries, investigate cause and recommend means to prevent re-occurrence. Assess quality of product during various stages of production for the area supervised. Communicate issues to appropriate staff to make adjustments or corrections. Take corrective action on issues and engage appropriate departments to resolve issues.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Lead and coach staff of cross functional individuals and teams to ensure that client projects are completed on time and within defined quality standards.
- Develop and maintain an effective and involved work force through performance leadership, education, communications and policies which support inclusion and team effectiveness.
- Align operational plans with business and financial goals.
- Develop strategies to maximize technology solutions to create efficient, cost effective work plans.
- Apply knowledge of formal process management tools to drive culture of continuous improvement.
- Provide and update detailed project plans for all assigned projects.
- Recognize gaps in process and take appropriate action to correct.
- Use ethical business practices in dealing with customers, employees, vendors, suppliers and the community.
- Work closely with peers to be an active and engaged leadership team.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- College degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years in leadership role, including management of staff/employees
- 10+ years of premedia services experience
- Experience in utilizing Continuous Improvement tools to create and track metrics.
- Proven leadership abilities through high performance and participative management
- Proven track record with strong and effective relationships with solution delivery, customer care, sales and customers
- Excellent communication skills along with the ability to create and make presentations are required