Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Account Specialist 2
at RR Donnelley
As an Account Specialist with the Retail Solutions group, act as primary contact between client, sales, and production facilities for Retail In-Store Marketing print campaigns and associated programs. Oversee and coordinate the production of print projects in order to achieve the objectives of the service agreement in compliance of client expectations, company policy, and profit and quality requirements. Applies understanding of client’s business needs in building solid client relationships, monitoring client satisfaction, and providing consulting in conjunction with RR Donnelley sales and internal partners. The primary point of coordination for client-required services across all locations and all platforms relative to Retail In-Store Marketing.
- Engage clients to gather project requirements and translate to internal manufacturing operation teams. Make suggestions to clients regarding workflow/process improvements to proposed projects to maximize the benefits to both the client and the company.
- Primary resource and back up for the Sales group and peers. Provide general solutions, assist in developing pricing and provides original/revised project requirements to Planning.
- Primary point of contact for client partners.
- Ensure project instructions and delivery schedules are clearly communicated to platforms.
- Provide pre-sales support with clients and discuss the manufacturing capabilities and requirements needed to produce a successful project. May assist sales with pricing/scheduling of potential business by referring to price sheets and engaging appropriate operations departments.
- Confer with clients throughout production to keep them informed of the status of projects, solicit additional information needed for current projects and coordinate changes to projects. May forward/review proofs with client, obtain approval of materials, such as artwork, color separations, or ink samples.
- Coordinate the resolution of client or manufacturing issues with client projects. Engage appropriate departments to verify the issue and determine the root case. May make recommendations to management on appropriate response to issues that are in the best interest of the client and the company. Communicate with clients regarding the resolution of issues.
- Confer with manufacturing operations on counts and final runs and ensure the final product meets client requirements and company standards.
- Assist in development and review of client facing metrics reports as requested.
- Ensure follow up on invoicing, product and delivery issues.
- May mentor junior level Print Production staff or work on special projects.
- May have responsibility for determining the use of vendors to supply components of the client project.
- May assist sales in the RFP process supplying estimates and determining how to efficiently process a complete project.
- Performs other client & sales related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
HS Diploma in discipline related to functional work or role with 6-8 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Must possess excellent project management skills.
- Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing problems, especially regarding Retail In-Store Marketing products and services.
- Must be able to consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions.
- Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions.
- Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems.
- Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
- Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Able to explain program policies and procedures in language that is understood by others.
- Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted.
- Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer.
- Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.
- Strong skill set and experience using Excel, especially as an organizational tool for specification and data management and communication (build of materials).
- Able to apply excellent functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, or other technical tools in completing assignments.
- Able to apply expertise in all the tools or applications used to complete work assignments.
- Able to mentor junior level team members in the use of tools and/or systems in the position.
***Must have strong and demonstrated client relationship skills.
***Must be able to work independently and lead resources from multiple organizations.
***Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Additional job knowledge, skills, and/or abilities specific to a department may be listed on the staffing requisition.