Rural Sourcing, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Java Developer
at Rural Sourcing, Inc.
# of Openings:
Senior Java Developer – Rural Sourcing
Rural Sourcing is experiencing continued growth and we're always looking to network with talented software developers with experience in Java to join our team in Augusta, GA.
So who are we, you ask? We are Rural Sourcing, and we provide software and application development services to Fortune 1,000 companies across the United States as an alternative to offshore outsourcing. If you are ready to join a company with a refreshing culture and great career opportunities, Rural Sourcing could be your new home!
Why you will enjoy Mondays again:
- Collaborative, Fun, Creative Culture – because who wants to be bored at work?
- Work from Home Days – sometimes it’s just nice to stay in your PJ’s
- Tuition Reimbursement – “Much to learn, you still have” –Yoda, Star Wars
- Ongoing Training and Development – learning from others and sharing your two cents!
- Room for Growth and Progressive Career Path
- Casual Dress – jeans welcome!
- Competitive Salary + Bonus Opportunities
- Robust Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance Package – because we all need that peace of mind.
- 401(k) Plan – don’t we all have that retirement dream home?
- Substantial Paid Time Off
A Day in the Life of a Rural Sourcing Senior Java Developer:
The Senior Java Developer will work with clients and team members to develop content management systems or web applications using Java. Experience with open source frameworks and tools such as Apache Sling. Ant, Maven, CSS, JQuery, JSON is required. Experience in open source or commercial content management systems such as Alfresco, Drupal, or Lenya. The Senior Java developer will be involved in the various phases of the system development life cycle; including design, testing, training, implementation and support.
- Design, code, and testing of business systems to meet client requirements
- Responsible for successful completion of code deliverables within projects
- Responsible for ensuring code meets specifications
- Design and code reporting requirements to perform efficiently, operationally stable, maintainable and meet the client requirements
- Fosters proactive and collaborative relationships with the project team
- Provide support to the Rural Sourcing team and clients
Expertise a Rural Sourcing Colleague will need:
- 5 years of object-oriented programming (Java preferred)
- 3 years of experience in web development with HTML, CSS, and DHTML
- Strong knowledge of web based development with a focus on Java (Java Server Pages, Java Server Faces, Struts and Apache Sling)
- Exposure to Web 2.0 development in Java and skills considered to be a plus are: REST, JSON, AJAX, XML and/or JBehave
- Knowledge of open standards (XML, LDAP)
- Strong understanding of system development life cycle and methodologies
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Rural Sourcing is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.