Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.
General Position Summary & Responsibilities:
The Outside Buyer (Minder) will report to the Director, Reverse Logistics (RL). The Outside Buyer is responsible for visiting maintaining relationships with Big Box Retailers within the RL segment to enhance relationships in an effort to support and maintain the current book of business and any new business that is assigned by the Director of RL. Must represent Schnitzer’s extensive service capabilities to garner and maintain accounts. This position operates within somewhat flexible parameters. The primary goal of this position is to achieve excellence in all facets of the customer experience. Providing the highest quality product efficiently while contributing to increased profits.
- Environmental and Health & Safety (H&S)
- Follows all safety regulations and protocols and creates a safe and healthy culture and environment.
- Customer Relationship Management
- Full responsibility for servicing assigned RL Customers;
- Uses CRM tools as provided by Company to further track/enhance customer relationships;
- Communicates any challenges or opportunities to the Director of RL;
- Identifies other service related opportunities and landfill diversion strategies by better understanding the customer needs and offer solutions and service support;
- Communicate any leads for new business in the RL sector to the assigned Business Development Manager.
- Collaboration/Administrative Management
- Helps meets quarterly goals, creates standardized reporting for KPIs;
- Assesses various landfill diversion strategies to create additional value for the various Big Box Retailers for any end of use products by effectively cycling them back into the system and creating value;
- Generates individualized customer reporting SOP’s for each Big Box Retailer for use by the Commercial Support Team to ensure transparency and sustainability of reporting;
- Works with administrative team to ensure customer payments are processed accurately and timely.
- Process Improvement
- Identifies bottlenecks in the minder role and assist in finding ways to improve.
Internal Control Responsibilities:
Supports the Company’s Internal Control process which includes understanding, communicating and complying with defined internal controls as well as suggesting and making modifications to the policies, procedures and controls to better relate to the business.
Communicates upward problems in operations, noncompliance with the code of conduct, or other policy violations or illegal actions.
This position has no direct reports
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
Able to: sit, stand, or walk for up to 12 hours per day; bend, crouch; climb, balance, push/pull, lift or carry up to 50 pounds; Visual acuity for close inspection of documents and computer screens.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years in sales, marketing or a related field
- Experience selling to Big Box Retailers is a plus
- Experience in industrial recycling and/or reverse logistics is a plus, including with such commodities as pallets, cardboard, plastics, paper, etc.
- This individual must be comfortable working in a matrixed organization and be able to lead and influence cross functional teams.
- Communicate, both orally and in writing, in a professional manner
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong conceptual, analytical skills and time management skills.
- Strong results orientation
- Excellent business planning and organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for all U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. or any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status under local, state or federal law.