SNF Holding Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at SNF Holding Company
SNF Floquip, a subsidiary of SNF Holding Company, is currently seeking a Construction Manager for our Engineering Department. Construction projects quite often involve a number of contractors and subcontractors. One of the most important jobs of the construction manager is making certain everyone is doing quality work and not cutting any corners along the way. A good construction manager is constantly on top of costs and makes the necessary adjustments when unexpected complications or issues arise. Construction manager needs to keep all parties involved well informed throughout the whole project.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Respond to work delays, emergencies, and other problems
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Prepare internal reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Obtain permits
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks
- Interpret and explain contracts and technical information to other professionals
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans
- BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in new construction and in a supervisory capacity
- Proven working experience in industrial construction management, especially in mechanical and electrical fields
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Analytical Skills: Construction managers must be good at planning for large-scale, multi-step projects.
- Decision Making: Construction managers must make lots of decisions, such as picking subcontractors, materials, and more.
- Management Skills: As the boss on site, construction managers must lead their teams, and keep them motivated and focused on the job.
- Communication: Good writing and speaking skills are needed by construction managers when communicating with employees, writing proposals, subcontractors, procuring materials and dealing with clients.
- Technical Skills: Construction managers must know construction methodologies, read blueprints and understand other technical aspects of construction.
- Time-Management: Deadlines are crucial in construction. Making sure that everything is on time and moving smoothly is a critical part of the job.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Vacation Days
- Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Development & Training