SNF Holding Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Sales Manager - Home Care
at SNF Holding Company
The Technical Sales Manager’s primary purpose is to expand the North American (NA) Home Care market, known as the HI&I (Home, Industrial and Institutional) market, by identifying and developing strategic sales partnerships with existing and potential customers, and implementing the SNF Specialty Chemicals global strategy in North America. This position will focus on polymers and chemical additives for new and/or existing products through coordination of the Company’s technical, research, manufacturing, logistics, and marketing capabilities to assist in expansion and diversification.
- Lead the Company North American sales growth and diversification efforts by implementing the SNF HI&I market strategy, securing core business for the long term and increasing SNF market share with new or existing specialty chemical additives.
- Gain in depth understanding of the SNF product range with respect to the HI&I market and its technical value versus competitive offerings.
- Obtain and evaluate critical market intelligence information capable of leading SNF into possible new market segments and/or applications, and help SNF gain better knowledge of competitive situations the NA market.
- Continue to develop relationships and increase penetration at existing customers and coordinate all aspects of current core business.
- Follow up on all customer samples evaluation, validations, future technical needs, forecast and orders, including delivery and quality issues, and coordinate with sales, customer service, planning, logistics, quality, and R&D labs as necessary.
- Define value propositions for targeted customers and develop key account plans for strategic customers.
- Lead new business development initiatives to capture business at new customers.
- Provide feedback to the R&D or technical departments on existing and potential customer requirements for new or existing products.
- Participate in projects for designing and developing new products for customers in our HI&I market and summarize market trends.
- Lead implementation on new product market introduction and be a key driver of new business strategies and/new products where applicable into our Sales and Manufacturing organization.
- Efficiently communicate with all levels of SNF global Specialties organization to promote cross fertilization of new opportunities and actively participate in global key strategic accounts management.
- Understand the sage handling, health and safety rules, and SDS’s for products in our markets. Explain to customers the safe handling, storage, and use of SNF products. Comply with all safety practices and environmental regulations applicable to the customer site.
- Understand the environment legislation and trends relative to Home Care products and be able to explain to customers the impact of environment legislation as it relates to SNF products.
- Position reports to the North American Specialty Chemicals Sales Manager.
- The Technical Sales Manager must interface locally and globally with Sales, R&D, Production Planning, Quality, Technical, Legal (including patents), Regulatory Compliance, Logistics, Customer Service, and Customers.
- A Bachelor of Science in Chemistry is required.
- A minimum of five years polymerization lab or applications experience required with knowledge of polymer chemistries and formulations uses in the Home Care or related market or products .i.e., personal care, institutional, construction, textile, and dispersants. Combined sales experience also required.
- Thorough knowledge of additive mixture chemistries in the HI&I or related market is required.
- Position requires excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, including listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Must be Microsoft Office literate at the intermediate to advanced level.
- Ability to travel at least 60% of the time with occasional international travel.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Vacation Days
- Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Development & Training