Sprouts Farmers Markets, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Service Specialist- Meat and Seafood (Text To Apply)
at Sprouts Farmers Markets, LLC
- Store Team Members
- Position Type
- Req ID
APPLY NOW: Text "careers" to 480-800-8056
The Customer Service Specialist is responsible for providing the highest level of customer service at our meat and seafood service counters while practicing safe food handling procedures. This position is responsible for improving the customer experience in order to maximize sales in the service counters. This position serves our customers, providing product selection and recipes for items in the service counters. This position also suggests complementary items such as spices or marinades. This position helps to maintain the presentation in the service cases throughout the day, and ensures that required cold temperatures are being met. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Meat Department. Success of position will be measured on improvement of Meat & Seafood service counter sales over prior year.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Provides a high level of prompt and friendly customer service; assists customers with questions, and special orders and needs.
- Advocate for our Meat & Seafood products to enhance the customer experience.
- Becomes the product expert in the department for the products that are sold out of the service cases.
- Maintains a positive work environment.
- Maintains strict adherence to company recipes.
- Stocks meat and seafood service cases; includes presentation of product, facing, filling, and organization of all product items as set by the meat department schematics as well as ensuring tag and pricing accuracy.
- Rotates product and pays particular attention to code dates; maintains fresh and appealing appearance in the service cases.
- Monitors that proper temperatures are being maintained in the meat and fish service cases.
- Follows all safety, health, and weights and measures regulations.
- Ensures cleanliness of meat service cases for safety; includes cleaning of shelves and products, keeping floors free of liquid spills or water, removing hazardous debris from floor and sweeping.
- Cleans and sanitizes service cases and assists in maintaining all equipment in safe working condition.
- Follows “Clean as You Go” and “Fresh at 4” Programs.
- Requires operating and using equipment such as knives, scales, and wrappers. Maintains proper safety practices and care while using all the cutting accessories available in the meat department; complies with the use of mesh gloves while using a knife.
- Sustains an extensive level of product knowledge and product preparation.
- Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and overall clean appearance at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalency degree
- Must have a minimum of 2 years professional experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Reliable and dependable; ability to follow direction
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback
- Strong communication skills; outgoing and friendly demeanor
- Ability to perform repetitious activities
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and stay organized
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude are essential to interact with customers and employees
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Weekend, evening and holiday work required
- Minimum age for employment is 18
- Must be able to lift/carry products horizontally/vertically between 25 to 90 lbs., from 4” to 60”, a distance up to 10 feet for 20 hours
- Must be able to use a pallet jack to move pallets horizontally up to 500 lbs., requiring a force of up to 85 lbs., a distance up to 100 feet for up to 5 hours
- Will need to horizontally move racks of products weighing up to 70 lbs., requiring a force up to 25 lbs., for a distance up to 50 feet for up to 10 hours
- Must move tables weighing up to 70 lbs., requiring a force greater than 35 lbs., a distance up to 2 feet for up to 1 hour
- Must vertically pull down gate requiring a force up to 10 lbs., for a distance up to 3 feet for up to 1 hour
- A bilateral coupling force up to 30 lbs. for up to 100 hours is required
- Will need to use a 2 step stool for up to 10 steps per hour per shift
- Capable of standing for up to 4 hour continuously, and a total of 8 hours per shift is a must
- Will be working inside a temperature controlled area
- Good vision is required for using sharp knives, band saw, grinder, sausage maker, box cutter, wrapping machine and tenderizer
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts’ management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.