STANDARD TEXTILE CO., inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at STANDARD TEXTILE CO., inc.
- Thomaston Manufacturing
- Thomaston, GA, USA
- Full Time
Founded in 1940, we have become a leading global provider of textiles in the healthcare, hospitality, decorative products, and industrial laundry markets. We offer environmentally friendly products, friendly and diverse co-workers, and a strong commitment to ethical business conduct. Associates enjoy benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), paid time off, and a comprehensive health and wellness program. Currently, we are seeking a Production Supervisor to be based at one of our manufacturing facilities in Thomaston, GA.
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for directing and coordinating manufacturing operations. Must be able to bring innovative ideas to the position and research/develop new product lines. Must be able to supervise associates to ensure job performance by using proper policies and procedures.
- Communicate instructions, information, support, planning and encouragement effectively to associates. Maintain a high level of morale and control absenteeism and turnover on shift. Write performance appraisals for associates in the department. Review and administer consequences of unacceptable performance through development and maintaining accountability systems
- Maintain an adequate workforce. Complete requisitions for replacements and interview applicants. Work closely with HR in hiring new employees, orientation and training
- Develop a maintenance program and maintain machines in department and understand their capabilities, manufacturer's recommended settings, etc. Make visual inspection of machinery for quality and production. Keep machinery in condition for best performance and highest efficiency via preventive maintenance programs and maintenance performance
- Responsible for meeting and /or exceeding standards of quality, cost, production, efficiency and waste control
- Design and develop new products as requested by our sales force, customers, and changes in the market
- Responsible for internal inventories
- Must generate one new cost saving initiative each quarter and use lean concepts to develop and organize
- Must develop and maintain a training program that assures best utilization of associates and efficiency
- 5 years or more of supervisory experience at the management level is required
- Bachelor's Degree in a Management or Textile related field preferred
- Experience in weaving, warping, slashing, or automated sewing is preferred
- Must demonstrate cooperation, teamwork and interpersonal skills in working with other departments
Standard Textile supports a Drug-Free Workplace. Any offer of employment for this position will be contingent upon the candidate passing a post-offer, pre-employment drug screen and satisfactory background investigation.