State of Georgia
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Behavioral Health Clinician - Team Lead
at State of Georgia
Program: LIGHT EarlyTreatment Program
View Point Health is seeking aTeam Leader, who is licensed (LPC or LCSW), to lead the Light Projects EarlyTreatment Program (ETP) and provide transitional services to clients throughoutGwinnett County.
Early Treatment Program is a teambased, multi-element approach to treating transition age youth and youngadults, ages 16-30 years old with FEP (First Episode Psychosis). This positionwill be based out of our Lawrenceville Office. The team of professionals willinclude a Psychiatrist, Registered Nurse, Employment Specialist, Clinical TeamLeader/Individual Therapist, Case Manager, Certified Peer Specialist, &Family Peer Support Specialist.
CSC (Coordinated Specialty Care)is a collaborative, recovery-oriented approach involving consumers, treatmentteam members, family members (when appropriate), as active participants. CSCemphasizes shared decision making as a means for addressing the unique needs,preferences, & recovery goals of individuals served. CSC services are alsohighly coordinated w/ primary medical care, w/ a focus on optimizing consumersoverall mental, emotional, & physical health.
Duties & Responsibilities(not limited to):
- Interview individual referred family members, educationalinstitutes, and/or support system to assess level of functioning, currentStrengths, Needs, Abilities, and Preferences and secure information relative toprogram requirements for receiving services, recommending appropriate level ofcare, and authorize services via care logic.
- Conduct and hold weekly treatment team meetingsto assist in the development of treatment plans with appropriate therapeuticinterventions, discuss any unusual observations or incidents, discuss individualstrengths, needs, abilities, and preferences; individual progress, and follow up.
- Manage and maintain all authorizations, team's censusof 30 clients, and staff performance.
- Provide individual therapy 2-4 times a month toeach individual enrolled depending on current risk factors and history.
- Report concerns and needs of the program orindividuals served to Program Manager. Incorporate & Execute Programmaticfeedback from Program Manager and agency policies.
- Recognize the need for crisis intervention andconduct crisis assessments. Coordinate voluntary or involuntary crisis admissionsas needed.
- Write precise, accurate, and clear progressnotes in our electronic Care Logic system in a timely manner. Maintain requiredrecords & information in each client's file. Prepares accurate, completeand timely documentation of case notes and billing information to meet agencyand state standards and provide effective service delivery across a broad rangeof services.
- Provide individual and group supportivecounseling to clients and families concerning their needs and problems, andissues with personal and social development.
- Attend interdisciplinary meetings, trainings,and continuing education relation as it relates to the job position
Candidates for selection mustpass a criminal background check (including finger-printing), pass apre-employment drug screen, have a valid Georgia driver's license, and a MotorVehicle Record in accordance with policy.
View Point Health provides healthbenefits and 401K, in addition to CEU credits to meet licensing requirements.
We are an equal opportunityemployer.
Due to the volume of applicationsreceived, we are unable to provide information on application status by phoneor e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarilyreceive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiringagency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selectedwill not receive notification.
This position is subject to closeat any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
This position is unclassified,and employment is at-will. Candidates for this position are subject to abackground check.
Any combination of training andexperience, which would have enabled the applicant to acquire the necessaryknowledge, skills and abilities Note: Some positions may require a validdriver's license
Master's degree in a related area from an accredited college or university AND eligibility to be licensed AND Two years of supervised experience in the area of assignment.
- Master's degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or a closely related field
- License as an LPC or LCSW
- At least 1 year of experience working with youth and young adults at transition age
- At least 1 year of experience working with SPMI (Severe Persistent Mental Illness)