State of Georgia
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Service Provider - Social Worker
at State of Georgia
Any givenposition will close when we determine an adequate candidate pool has beenreceived.
Due tothe high volume of resumes/applications received, we are unable to provide thestatus on each applicant by phone or email. However, please be assured thatyour resume/application will be evaluated and we will contact you if you areselected for an interview or we need further clarification/information.
*************** Newly qualified MSW's encouraged to apply ********************
- Provides counseling/therapy to clients requiring complex intervention. Performs commitment determinations and/or executes orders of involuntary commitments. May serve as a team leader.
- Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision. Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas. Serves as project or team leader.
- Acts as client advocate in order to coordinate required services or to resolve crisis. Counsels clients in individual and group sessions to help them overcome dependencies, recover from illness, and adjust to life. Identify environmental impediments to client of patient progress through interviews and review of patient records.
- Monitors, evaluates, and records client progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan. Organizes support groups or counsel family.to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting the client.
- Performs clinical assessments of the behavioral health needs of consumers presenting for services. Provides case management services related to identified treatment needs.
- Provides training to direct care staff in implementing behavior modification techniques and treatment plans. Refers client or family to community resources to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness and to provide access to services such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, job placement or education. Designs behavioral or therapeutic interventions for intractable or difficult to manage clients.
- Determines the necessity for commitment in accordance with accepted standards of clinical practice. Conducts psychosocial assessments/evaluations to develop comprehensive case/service plans.
Vacation: 15 days each year up to 5 years ofservice; 18 days each year from 5-10 years of service; 21 days each year for 10 years of service
SickLeave:accrual at a rate of 10 hours per month (15 days each year)
Holidays: the state of Georgiarecognizes 12 paid holidays
Retirement: 401(k) plan with a matchingemployer contribution and a Defined Benefit Pension Plan
AvailableInsurance:Health; Dental; Vision; Legal; Disability; Life & dependent life insurance
TaxDeferred Spending Accounts: Healthcare; Childcare
We are a Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Programqualified employer.
Master's degree in a related area from an accredited college or university AND licensure in the area of assignment AND Two years of related post-license experience OR Master's degree in a related area from an accredited college or university AND licensure in the area of assignment AND Two years of experience at the lower level Social Worker, Licensed 2 (HCP051) or position equivalent.
Must have a Master's in Social Work (MSW), License -eligible
- Knowledge in social work intervention
- Knowledge on case management
- Good communication skills (include interviewing)
- Knowledge of social or psychological aspect of human behavior