Stock Building Supply
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2nd Shift--Roof Truss, Floor Truss, and Wall Panel Manufacturing Supervisor
at Stock Building Supply
Plans, supervises and coordinates all activities related to the manufacture of doors, windows, stairs, specialty products, etc, including quality control, marketing, delivery of goods and other support functions.
- Oversee all work activities and personnel of the assigned area.
- Establish work schedule and develops cost effective plan to meet store goals.
- Maintain equipment and machinery.
- Supervise personnel and ensures adherence to company and department policies and procedures; perform personnel management duties including hiring, training, completing disciplinaries, etc.
- Monitor all costs and inventory levels.
- Ensure excellent customer relations and satisfactory services are provided.
- Oversee delivery operation including truck repair and maintenance and drivers.
- Compile data and prepare various reports.
- Complete various reports and maintain records as needed.
- Assist with inventory and purchasing functions as required.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Minimum education required: High School Diploma with 2 years of additional advanced training in building component production and assembly.
- Special skills required: Proficient comprehension of measurements and basic math principles. Understanding of the operation, troubleshooting and repair of related machinery and equipment. Should possess excellent oral communication and interpersonal/ customer service skills. Knowledge of inventory control, negotiations and purchases. Must be computer literate.
- Other: Ability to perform all physical aspects including repetitive lifting up to 100 lbs, stooping, twisting and bending. Performing various duties throughout manufacturing process for training and relief purposes.
- Must have roof and floor truss manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to work 2nd shift. 3:30 PM to 2:30 AM.
- Minimum experience required: 2 years of supervisory experience in the building materials industry with an emphasis in component production and assembly. Supervising a workforce of 20 to 50 subordinates.