Stock Building Supply
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Forklift Operator/Yard Warehouse
at Stock Building Supply
Entry level position responsible for the safe operation of a forklift with foot and hand controls to stock all lumber and building materials. Work within established work and safety procedures.
- Operates forklift with foot and hand controls.
- Safely load lumber and building materials into storage facilities. Including the safe use of automated loading systems.
- Keeps all bays stocked and neat to facilitate efficient loadbuilding processes.
- Uses forklift to build outgoing orders for lumber and building materials.
- Uses forklift to load completed orders onto delivery equipment maintaining safe procedures and stacking methods.
- Empties trash receptacles as necessary.
- Operates bander and other facility equipment as necessary.
- Keep staging areas clean and organized.
- Follow safety procedures as outlined by company safety program and operator manual for forklift.
- Maintain a current forklift operator’s license
- Assist loadbuilders and delivery as required by location management.
- Inventory monitoring as required by location management.
- Wear required attire and personal protective gear.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum education required—High school or G.E.D., Forklift Training and safety orientation.
- Special skills required—Product knowledge for lumber and building materials, use a tape measure and hammer safely.
- Other—Majority of work is outside in working conditions that vary depending on seasons. Temperature variations and inclement weather are real aspects of the work environment. Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs. with assistance, spend long amounts of time sitting, stooping, reaching, bending, climbing, standing or walking. Frequently works overtime during peak business months.
- Minimum experience required—Up to 6 months experience in building materials or manufacturing facility or similar operating environment.