Stock Building Supply
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Stock Building Supply
Assist with customer sales and outside sales representatives by providing product and/ or customer sales information. Provide quotes and product dimension information, both in person and over the phone. Handle special orders and advanced pricing.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding product selection, placement of orders, requests for prices and quotations, complaints and scheduling of deliveries and installations, and providing customer follow-ups.
- Initiate telephone calls to customers to generate sales.
- Coordinate purchase and delivery of special products. Obtain information on pricing specifications, uses and availability.
- Code and input customer orders, pricing information and additional data into the computer system.
- Create sales tickets.
- Maintain stock levels on the sales floor and in the stockroom.
- Operate and balance cash register daily.
- Research credits, returns, and late payments as needed.
- Work with outside sales representatives to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Minimum education required: High School Diploma or GED.
- Special skills required: Ability to operate computer, calculator & cash register. Knowledge of building supplies, applications, related equipment, and/or construction industry. Good interpersonal and customer relations skills and excellent oral and written communication skills. Should be familiar with inventory and inventory control.
- Other: Must be able to drive and walk throughout yards, plants and offices.
- Minimum experience required: 1 year in building material industry with basic knowledge of product and application