Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sullivan Cotter
# of Openings:
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role of the Compensation Analyst is to conduct data analysis and review on behalf of a client to provide meaningful information and insight to guide the consulting team in making sound recommendations. This role is critical to the team’s success as accurate analytics and comparisons drive value-added recommendations for our clients.
- Research, gather and analyze data related to organization’s compensation program. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Gathering market data for staff positions
- Reviewing and analyzing organizations existing salary surveys
- Reviewing existing compensation programs and policies
- Assisting with an assessment of total compensation (compensation and benefits)
- Reviewing job descriptions
- Researching market trends, financial information and corporate performance
- Assisting with cost modeling and projections
- Assisting with special research project
- Assist with report and proposal writing as it relates to describing and summarizing project objectives, methodologies, analysis and results. Produce comprehensive data graphics. Review reports for grammatical and statistical accuracy and make suggestions to improve the messaging based on the data
- Work with consultants on projects including project planning, program design, analysis and implementation
- Respond to client-related requests, as appropriate
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field, ideally with an emphasis in human resources, finance, economics, statistics, mathematics or health care administration
- One to two years of business-related experience is required, preferably involving data analysis, financial modeling and presentation design
- Experience working within a consulting, compensation or health care-related firm is preferred
- Solid technical knowledge and experience working with Word and PowerPoint. Advanced competency in Excel preferred
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to:
- Gather, analyze and organize data using a logical and systematic process
- Ascertain relevant and irrelevant data when conducting analytical work
- Visualize and articulate problems and concepts in a systematic manner
- Recognize patterns and issues in sets of data
- Identify obstacles impeding project progression
- Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly language and tailor communications, formal or informal, to the audience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and writing skills are required
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to successfully assist with complex project deliverables in a very driven and changing organization
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to work under tight deadlines or changing needs
- Confidence and ability to work independently as well as in a team structure
- Exceptional employee service orientation
- Capable of working in a group as a strong team player
- High level of self-motivation
- Intellectual curiosity, seeking opportunities to develop new skills
Applicants for employment must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e. H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.