Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager - Aviation
at Swinerton Builders
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Job Description Summary:Overall management of construction project resulting in successful project completion.
Swinerton’s Core Values of Integrity, Leadership, Passion, and Excellence
- An enthusiastic, positive individual with a “can-do” attitude
- Committed, tenacious, and persistent in the pursuit of your, your team’s, and company goals
- An ethical individual who is respectful of and respected by others
- An individual who pays attention to detail in your own and others’ work
- A results-oriented individual who is resourceful and creative in overcoming challenges and identifying necessary actions to execute on individual and team objectives
- Accountable, fulfilling commitments and reaching objectives consistently
- An individual who is adaptable with a good sense of timing who understands which actions will be most effective at specific moments and can recognize when a situation is urgent
- A good listener with the ability to build trusted partnerships, internally and externally
- Professional and able to maintain confidentiality, emotional control, and composure
- A coach / mentor to others who empowers others to make decisions when appropriate and leads by example
- Goal-oriented, setting clear “stretch” goals for yourself and others and holds others accountable and set high expectations of self and team
- Someone who is autonomous and willing to make decisions independently when needed
- Proactive and forward-thinking with the ability to anticipate needs or challenges and provide options to the business
- Socially Responsible, acting in the best interest of employees, community, and environment
- Able to assess talent and build high-performing teams
- A collaborative leader who seeks to leverage other’s expertise and input in pursuit of establishing best practices and new initiatives
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment requiring extensive multi-tasking and dealing with unplanned operational needs
Skills You Have:
- Verbal Communication
- Written communication
- Task / Time Management
- Technology Application
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Critical Thinking
- Developing & Managing People
- Meeting Facilitation
- External Awareness
- Performance Management
- Conflict Management
- Critical Conversations
- Presentation Skills
Knowledge / Experience You Have:
- Managing human, financial, and information resources strategically
- Effectively and consistently identifies pursues and captures valuable new work with high-quality business partners
- Desired knowledge of the basics of the construction business – industry trends, current practices, self-perform and common processes as it pertains to risk, safety, accounting, and operations
- Well versed in Microsoft Suite
- Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Architectural or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of SAGE Estimating, CMiC, AutoCad, Bluebeam, P6 a plus
- Minimum of 8 years of field construction management experience in commercial aviation construction environment including supervisory skills
- Specific local market knowledge and subcontractor relations in the Atlanta and Southeast region
Key Responsibilities in the Role:
- Negotiate, prepare, and issue cost effective and accurate subcontract bid / scope packages
- Evaluate future implication of current decisions and actions
- Achieve cohesive, positive, and mutually supportive culture with teams
- Identify and evaluate resources and plan for their utilization throughout the execution of long-range plans
- Assist with business development and participate in job interviews
- Lead and manage jobsite mobilization and setup efforts
- Assist in developing the division strategy, vision, and business planning process
- Ensure all formal and informal client issues and concerns are effectively managed and resolved in a timely manner maximizing client satisfaction where possible
- Effectively and consistently identifies, pursues, and captures value new work with high-quality business partners
- Know and use project management control systems (scheduling, estimating, cost control, procurement and business development)
- Establish project practices that avoid and mitigate claims and conflict while ensuring project fee is profitable
- Effectively manage and build strong partnerships with subcontractors throughout the project ensuring compliance with subcontract requirements (schedule, manpower, scope, safety, contingencies, quality, etc.)
- Foster a culture that retains strong talent at all levels
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Swinerton provides commercial construction services throughout the United States, delivering innovative solutions and outstanding service to our customers for time-tested buildings and facilities. Over our 125-year history, Swinerton has earned a strong reputation as the Premier Builder in the West. As a 100% employee-owned quality contractor, we hire the best people, give them exceptional training, and provide robust opportunities for professional growth.
Swinerton has built a strong reputation as an employee-owned quality contractor. We hire the best people, give them exceptional training and provide them with the opportunities and the responsibilities that allow them to learn and develop professionally. Swinerton values and recognizes our employees as the essential ingredient to our lasting success. As a 100% employee-owned company, we invest greatly in the personal and professional well-being of our people. Together, we have created an excellent place to work; when people join Swinerton, they tend to stay. We strive for a positive work environment that encourages outstanding performance while making room for fun. We also believe that happy, healthy employees lead to a highly productive company, and we are proud to offer a robust benefits package to support individual and collective success.
Swinerton is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Minority, Women, Disability, and Veteran Employer.
Our Company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We have a commitment to provide equal hiring, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, layoff and recall benefits to all individuals without regard to gender, race, color, religion, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal or state laws or local ordinance or regulation.
We are committed to the safety and security of everyone interested in our company–including those who visit us online. Please note that Swinerton will only invite you to submit work history and personal information related to employment through our career portal WorkDay (which requires the set-up of a login) and communication will only come from individuals with an email address ending in @swinerton.com.
If you receive fraudulent communication please inform us by emailing email@example.com.