Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
- Ministry Staff
- Location : Location
- US-GA-Northwest Georgia, Rock Spring
- Greg Spradlin
The Area Representative serves a local geographic area by engaging, equipping, and empowering coaches and athletes to fulfill FCA’s mission.
The Area Representative, in collaboration with the Director and local Leadership Board, implements and sustains the vision-based staffing plan to grow the FCA ministry to and through coaches in both on-campus and off-campus sports environments within their assigned ministry context. The Area Representative serves as a spiritual leader and models the FCA values in all relationships by demonstrating a steadfast commitment to Jesus Christ and His Word through Integrity, Serving, Teamwork and Excellence. The Area Representative is accountable for ensuring that the FCA Ministry is conducted according to biblical standards and adhering to FCA policies and procedures.
Engage, equip and empower coaches and athletes by ministering to and through the coach with huddles, one-on-ones and events.
Recruit, train and develop volunteers in roles strategically aligned to increase the capacity of the FCA ministry.
Connect, communicate and care for existing and prospective financial partners to ensure that the ministry is fully funded. This includes building a Home Team that consists of Automatic Monthly Partners (AMP) and Recurring Funding Partners (RFP).
Submit an annual budget for all expenses as assigned by supervisor. Additionally, manage and steward the finances for the assigned area of responsibility. The budget should be funded through Home Team, along with major donors and events.
Work with their Director to serve the aligned Global Region through praying, giving and going.
FCA employees shall be expected to model FCA’s Christian beliefs for the larger community, perform all of their duties as a service to God, and comply with the following obligations:
- Beliefs: Each FCA employee shall affirm his or her agreement with FCA’s Statement of Faith and shall not subscribe to or promote any religious beliefs inconsistent with these beliefs.
- Christian Conduct Standards: FCA employees shall at all times (both during working and non-working hours) endeavor to conduct themselves in a manner that affirms biblical standards of conduct in accordance with FCA’s Christian beliefs. Such conduct standards include FCA’s Youth Protection Policy and Sexual Purity Statement.
- Distinctly Christian Activities: FCA employees shall be ready, willing, and able to lead or contribute to distinctly Christian activities such as lead worship, bible study and conduct prayer services.
- Ministerial Duties: FCA employees shall daily spend time in prayer and in the Word, share Christ through word and life, and seek the Lord’s will for the ministry of FCA. FCA staff will worship and seek weekly involvement in a local church, be a religious leader and in some cases serve under the authority and assignment of the local church.
This position is at-will employment, meaning that either the employee or FCA can discontinue employment at any time, with or without notice and with or without cause. Also, FCA can modify this Position Description at any time. The Position Description does not create a contract (express or implied) or enforceable promise or representation.
Job Description & Activities
Catoosa County, GA, male representative at 19- hours a week. Applicant must attend a 3 day training at the FCA home office in Kansas City, prior to being released to raise his own financial support/budget. As part of that training, applicant will have to complete an online training that includes creating donor prospect lists. Completion of these requirements does not constitute hiring. Financial support is obtained from individuals, families, churches, and corporate donors. Seed funds are available if / when applicant is funded. Applicant can not start ministry work until the support / budget for position is secured. Once funding is complete the applicant will serve the 3 high schools, 3 middle schools and several elementary schools, including the FCA Huddle Coaches, their Student Leadership Team, their school huddle, the coaches and teams at each school in Catoosa County. Applicant will work under the guidance of Area Director, reporting weekly schedules prior to and work report after each week, will assist with area-wide fundraising events, including the local golf tournament, banquet, and yard sale, and ministry events including student training, drug-free presentations, Athlete of the Year reception, etc. Position calls for a heart of serving others, with early morning visits to school huddles prior to the start of the school day, as well as visits with coaches during and after school hours, visiting team practices, attending games, serving teams as a Character Coach - hours are split between early mornings and afternoons. Applicant will be expected to be a self-starter, that will work with excellence and be expected to held to a high degree of excellence in their service in the area, and will have access to local FCA Office as well as working from home when convenient. If possible, applicant will attend monthly FCA Leadership Board meetings, northwest Georgia staff meetings, as well as fundraising event committee meetings.