The Clorox Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Supply Chain Analyst I
at The Clorox Company
The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with about 8,000 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2016 sales of $5.8 billion. Clorox markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names, including its namesake bleach and cleaning products; Pine-Sol® cleaners; Liquid Plumr® clog removers; Poett® home care products; Fresh Step® cat litter; Glad® bags, wraps and containers; Kingsford® charcoal; Hidden Valley® dressings and sauces; Brita® water-filtration products; Burt's Bees® natural personal care products; and Renew Life® digestive health products. The company also markets brands for professional services, including Clorox Healthcare® and Clorox Commercial Solutions®. More than 80 percent of the company's sales are generated from brands that hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories.
Key Responsibilities (in descending order of importance) and % of Time:
- Build and optimize drillable self-service reports, dashboards and scorecards that enable better decision making across the Product Supply Organization (PSO). 45%
- Support Supply Chain Analytics in conducting advanced analytics plus create models, tools and associated algorithms as needed to completed required analysis. 40%
- Train and build capabilities with PSO Analytics team members on analytics tools, methods and processes across the different analytics types. 10%
- Support Supply Chain Analytics in defining the roadmap, pipeline, goals and current year Make Plan. 5%
Years and Type of Experience
- Passion for the impact of analytics on business success.
- Experience using analytics across all four (4) analytics spaces (Descriptive, Diagnostic, Predictive, Prescriptive) that enabled improved business decisions.
- Experience extracting, moving, organizing and staging data.
- Strong analytical thinking. Can support conclusions and recommendations with data and sound logic.
- Statistics background.
- 2-3 years of experience working with databases and SQL.
- Strong working knowledge of data reporting architecture (SQL) and BI Web Reporting environments (e.g. Tableau).
- Strong working knowledge of multiple data management systems (e.g. MS Azure, MS SQL, and Oracle SQL systems).
- Experience communicating/presenting cross-functionally and with various levels of management. Demonstrated good listening and conversational skills. Can interact well with leaders at various management levels. Can influence supply chain analytics team members.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to creatively apply technology to model and solve complex business problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Tailors personal style for better interaction with others. Demonstrates diplomacy in providing feedback in a constructive manner.
- Can present ideas and report results effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team. Builds on knowledge of others. Gives proper credit to others and celebrates team wins. Provides timely and appropriate feedback. Treats people with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, execute and deliver concurrent projects/activities on budget and on time. Anticipates problems and develops preventative and contingent actions/solutions.
- Can complete difficult, complex and/or ambiguous tasks outside of own area of expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to train, build the knowledge of others and coach people on analytics skills and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to write concise and meaningful business communications and reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technical discipline such as Statistics, Analytics, or Mathematics is preferred.
- CAP (Certified Analytics Professional) preferred.