The Clorox Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supply Chain Data Scientist
at The Clorox Company
The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with about 8,000 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2016 sales of $5.8 billion. Clorox markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names, including its namesake bleach and cleaning products; Pine-Sol® cleaners; Liquid Plumr® clog removers; Poett® home care products; Fresh Step® cat litter; Glad® bags, wraps and containers; Kingsford® charcoal; Hidden Valley® dressings and sauces; Brita® water-filtration products; Burt's Bees® natural personal care products; and Renew Life® digestive health products. The company also markets brands for professional services, including Clorox Healthcare® and Clorox Commercial Solutions®. More than 80 percent of the company's sales are generated from brands that hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories.
Key Responsibilities (in descending order of importance) and % of Time:
- Build and optimize drillable reports, including self-service reports, dashboards and scorecards that enable better decision making across Planning 70%
- Support planning teams by conducting advanced analytics that may include model creation, tools and associated algorithms as needed to complete required analysis. 30%
Years and Type of Experience
- Experience extracting, moving, organizing and staging data.
- Strong working knowledge of data reporting architecture (SQL) and BI Web Reporting environments (e.g. Tableau).
- Strong working knowledge of multiple data management systems (e.g. MS Azure, MS SQL, and Oracle SQL systems).
- 1-2 years of experience working with databases and SQL.
- Experience using analytics across all four (4) analytics spaces (Descriptive, Diagnostic, Predictive, Prescriptive) that enabled improved business decisions.
- Demonstrated good listening and conversational skills. Can interact well with peers and/or leaders at various management levels.
- Strong analytical thinking. Able to support conclusions and provide recommendations with data and sound logic.
- Statistics, math and/or linear programming background preferred.
- Passion for the impact of analytics on business success.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to creatively apply technology to model and solve complex business problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Tailors personal style for better interaction with others.
- Able to present ideas and report results effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, execute and deliver concurrent projects/activities on budget and on time. Anticipates problems and develops preventative and contingent actions/solutions.
- Can complete moderately difficult, and/or ambiguous tasks outside of own area of expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, seeks assistance when needed and will escalate issues when necessary.
- Willingness and desire to learn other business systems as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technical discipline such as Statistics, Analytics, or Mathematics is preferred.
- CAP (Certified Analytics Professional) preferred.