The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CASE MANAGER, PROGRESSION (CoC)
at The Geo Group
Facility: RIVERBEND CORRECTIONAL & REHABILITATION FACILITY
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for providing case management services to inmates in accordance with the requirements of the contract and the principles of the GEO Continuum of Care. Key components of the GEO Continuum of Care include specialized staff training, enhanced GEOtrack case management, evidence-based interventions, education and vocational programs, transition planning, and post release support. This position provides counseling services, assists the inmates over a year or more from release in adjusting to facility life and obtaining needed self-help, therapeutic, cognitive behavioral, educational and/or vocational programs and to obtain needed services or changes in assignment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in appropriate training for designated responsibilities.
- Utilizes GEO’s proprietary electronic case management system “GEOtrack” to record case management notes, track inmate progress with programmatic needs and preliminary transition planning with Continuum of Care team.
- Develops detailed knowledge of those assigned to specific caseload. Ensures academic, vocational, evidence based programming, support services and preliminary transition needs are addressed through case management plan.
- Resolves daily inmate problems, complaints and concerns through general counseling.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings with inmates to provide assistance with rehabilitation program, work assignment, housing-related challenges.
- Makes daily assigned unit visits to ensure informal contact with inmates and interaction with Correction Officers.
- May log and distribute legal and certified mail and coordinate inmate telephone sign-up list.
- May serve as an active participant on the classification teaming committee meetings to determine assigned housing, in addition to appropriate work and rehabilitation programs.
- May serve on the discipline committee.
- Resolves day-to-day problems with counseling. Refers inmates with serious problems to professional counseling staff.
- Maintains appropriate documentation of inmate daily contacts as detailed in the agency program procedures.
- Coordinates approval/denial of inmate visiting and telephone lists.
- Assists with unit management activities as needed.
- Performs other related marginal duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required. Bachelor's degree in criminal justice, sociology, or a closely related field is desirable.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a correctional setting required.
- Possess or develop a thorough understanding of the Principles of Effective Intervention that empirical evidence demonstrates reduces recidivism
- Must possess the ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Must be flexible, cooperative and empathetic to needs of staff and inmates.
- Ability to prepare written reports; to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; and to learn rules, regulations, and security procedures required by the facility.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.