The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DATA ENTRY CLERK COC
at The Geo Group
Facility: RIVERBEND CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position performs data entry for the facility. It ensures that all necessary forms are completed and then enters data into the computer system. It requires familiarity with policies, procedures and practices. The sensitive nature of the position requires the incumbent to exercise discretion and retain confidentiality of information obtained by discussions or recorded data.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Adheres to GEO policies, procedures, and specific facility regulations including posted special orders and instructions.
- Performs data entry and maintenance of facility data system.
- Records all inmate assignments, housing moves and work assignments.
- Enters information into the state system in an accurate and timely manner (housing and work assignments, gain time ratings, classification information, etc.)
- Develops and submits required reports relative to the facility data system, as well as other reports as required.
- Audits the PDS system with the state database.
- Prepares inmate central files for the release of inmates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Demonstrated experience in office procedures and related clerical duties.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group settings.
- Ability to work with a team of inmates and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions; to make minor decisions in accordance with rules and regulations as they apply to work problems; to maintain company records; and to meet and deal effectively with the public and inmates.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.