The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
FACILITATOR, THINKING 4 CHANGE
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3S37C62ZF7QXYMRPNS
Facility: RIVERBEND CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position provides inmates with the tools and knowledge to prepare for reentry into the community through the utilization of the “Thinking For A Change” module. Provides individual and group counseling in areas including self-esteem, problem solving, relationships, and other related issues. Assists inmates to secure direct communication with substance abuse, educational, employment or other social resources that can assist them in the successful reintegration into society.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates classroom instruction in the areas of career planning, social adjustment, personal management, social skills development, cognitive restructuring and development of problem-solving skills.
- Communicates with inmates regarding the reality of their pre-release activities and plans, defining terminology and identifying community resources.
- Conducts a periodic review of curriculum and resources available to enhance an inmate’s participation in pre-release and life skills programs and activities.
- Maintains class rosters, attendance records, and provides certificates for pre-release life skills program.
- Assesses inmate needs and makes referrals to appropriate staff.
- Participates in formulating and developing release plans.
- Secures supplementary information, such as employment, medical records or school records.
- Aids inmates in planning and developing post-release plans and encourages them to assume the responsibility for post-release behaviors and activities.
- Participates in orientation of residents regarding the T4C treatment program
- Facilitates and co-facilitates didactic educational presentations, group counseling, and individual counseling sessions.
- Assists in the coordination of resident program schedules to ensure the needs of the resident and goals set by the Individual Program Plan are met.
- Performs other as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required. Bachelor's Degree in a related area
- preferred. Certification to facility “Thinking for Change”.
- Relevant teaching or counseling experience in a correctional setting preferred.
- Appropriate valid teaching certification as required by the client agency.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!