The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: D.RAY JAMES CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Compensation Base: 12.40
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under direct supervision, assists in performing overall daily maintenance of the library to include ordering, cataloging, classifying, circulation, and maintaining all library periodicals, books, and materials. Provides information and assistance on use of the card catalog.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains and organizes the circulation of library materials.
- Assists in the directing and training of detainee library aides.
- Assists in the selection of library books, periodicals and materials for purchase.
- Conducts library inventories. Prepares, maintains and reports appropriate records pertaining to circulation, inventory, newspapers and magazines.
- May assist in conducting library orientation for classes in coordination with instructors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Bachelor’s degree in library sciences or related field or provisional/professional Librarian Certification preferred.
- Experience and/or training preferred in assisting in the operation of a small institutional library preferred.