The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PRISON TRACKING CLERK
at The Geo Group
Facility: ROBERT A DEYTON DETENTION CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
*THIS JOB IS PHYSICALLY LOCATED IN DOWNTOWN ATLANTA AT THE RICHARD RUSSELL BUILDING*
This position serves as a liaison between the facility and the United States Marshal Services in the area of prisoner management. Gathers and updates information in the USMS Justice Detainee Information System (JDIS).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides liaison services between the facility and United States Marshal Services (USMS) and the facility on prisoner management.
- Provides assistance and support implementing and processing Judgment and Commitment orders.
- Assists in assembling and processing requests for destination packages and submitting packages to the Bureau of Prisons (BOP).
- Provides assistance on the quarterly basis for the verifications of detainers.
- Updates prisoner medical information in the USMS Justice Detainee Information System (JDIS).
- Updates prisoner status in the Justice Detainee Information System (JDIS) system to reflect their phase in the designation process.
- Gathers Prisoner Intake Forms (USM-129), Personal History Forms (USM-312), and other entries as deemed necessary by the USMS.
- Processes designations received. Submits requests for Prisoner Movements (Form 106) to the Justice Prisoner and Alien Transportation System (JPATS).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Three (3) years of experience with criminal and civil court procedures or applicable experience.
- Incumbents must possess applicable state requisites to qualify for employment. Must pass the National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) and basic background check.
- Working knowledge of business English, good grammar and spelling skills, and ability to develop correspondence, reports and operational directives required. Must have a proven history of exercising discretion and retaining confidentiality.
- Solid organizational and communication skills. Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions; to make minor decisions in accordance with rules and regulations as they apply to work problems; to maintain company records; and to meet and deal effectively with the public and detainees required.