The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
P/T MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL
at The Geo Group
Facility: ROBERT A DEYTON DETENTION CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for provision of full-range of mental health outpatient services from initial assessment, treatment planning, supportive counseling and case management as well as aftercare planning, group psychotherapy, and crisis evaluation and support.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts mental health interviews, screenings, and evaluations and determines appropriate mental health services and treatment plans to address an inmate’s specific mental health needs in accordance with the mission of the outpatient mental health program and policies.
- Provides a full-range of supportive mental health services including brief individual counseling, group counseling (process or psycho-educational), and specialty group counseling (e.g., anger management, end of sentence, life term, etc.), and inmate consultations.
- Provides case management services on 30 to 90 day basis to ensure continuity of ongoing service delivery.
- Prepares all related mental health documentation in accordance with applicable organizational and state standards in a clear, thorough, and timely manner.
- Consults with Security, Medical, Classification and other departments as needed in inmate related mental health concerns.
- Responds to psychological emergencies and provides crisis intervention as required up to and including involuntary hospitalization.
- Conducts post-release planning and communicate with community based mental health facilities for referral and continuity of case.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a mental health related field such as Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, Rehabilitative Counseling, or Ed.S. in Agency Counseling with course work and practice in the provision of mental health care.
- State licensure or license eligibility as a Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, or Mental Health Counselor (if claiming license eligibility, applicant must be able to provide proper documentation).
- One (1) year experience providing mental health services in an institutional setting is preferred.
- Ability to work in crisis situations in a professional and mature manner.
- Strong counseling and motivational skills.
- Must be able to work individual and in a team environment.
- Above average verbal and writing skills.
- Must be able to develop clear and concise reports in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.