The Kessler Collection
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
at The Kessler Collection
JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District - Savannah, Georgia
Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
Pay Type / FLSA Status:
All Shifts / Flexible
# of Openings:
Beginning in the Fall 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah’s historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We’re seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
•Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
•Free Employee Meals
•We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
•Largest Hospitality Employer in Savannah – growth opportunities are unlimited!
•20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
•Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
•Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
•Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
•Discounted Bus Passes
•We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
• 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)/year – start accruing right away!
•Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout the year!
•”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
•Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
•Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
•Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
*****This position is expected to start 1 month prior to opening date*****
Purpose / Objective
The overall objective and purpose of the Assistant Food and Beverage Outlet manager is to support the Food and Beverage Outlet Manager in the management for the Food & Beverage Division, including the Restaurant & Bar, and integrate its functions to serve local and hotel guests. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining profitability and quality control as well as ensuring compliance with company policies and standard operating procedures. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the outlets in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that all preparation for functions and outlets are completed daily
- Follow labor guidelines and ensure that front of the house labor costs are within budgeted guidelines
- Ensures point of sale operations and cash handling practices are following according to standard operating procedures.
- Assists with corrective action to continuously improve service results.
- Assists with interviews, schedules, training, coaching and counseling, resolving problems, providing open communication, and recommending discipline when appropriate.
- Assists with work schedules and evaluating work performance of employees.
- Ensures staff adheres to local, state and Federal liquor laws.
- Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on coaching.
- Assists in maintaining service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge and room service areas.
- Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
- Supervises daily shift operations
- Ensures Grand Performers are in compliance with appearance standards.
- Complete weekly schedules per Peak Performance standards
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of federal and state liquor laws and basic employment law
- Knowledge of finance, budgeting, and cost control principles
- Knowledge of inventory control reporting systems
- Ability to facilitate and lead effective, collaborative group meetings
- Thorough knowledge of Food and Wine, as well as Beer, liquor and mixed drinks.
- Proficient in Micros POS system
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- F&B Supervisors
Standards & Culture
Individuals must serve as a cultural ambassador by upholding and promoting our standards.
Image & Presence: Bohemian. Our team is sophisticated and purposeful in their communication and body language
- 50% Classical European, 35% Colorful Gypsy Lifestyle, 15% Funky California Free Spirit
Service: Intuitive. Our team inspires the guest (and Grand Performer) experience with warmth and deliberate elegance.
- Greet, Undivided Attention, Enthusiastic Response, Smile, Thank You
- Listen, Empathize & Apologize, Accept Responsibility, Do Something About it, Exceed Expectations, Recover Loyalty
Performance: Extraordinary. Our team rises to outperform and consistently beat our best for even better.
- Build loyalty to the company and not yourself
- Enhance property/company perception by both community and Grand Performers
- Align yourself with the company and lead others to do the same
- Collaborate effectively to accomplish goals and achieve results across departments and property locations
- Actively participate in meetings and shares ideas to determine the right course of action
- Foster a climate where individuals are committed to partnering and asking for help when needed
- Enthusiastically share knowledge, experience and talent with others
- Suggest methods for improving productivity and product quality
- Prepared and punctual for all meetings
- Conducts business and complete tasks according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Utilize required systems, equipment and resources
- Increase revenue/productivity while keeping costs within budget
- Prioritize urgent/vital tasks in order to meet set deadlines
- Improve professional competency and property/location performance
- Accept responsibility for actions and/or inactions
- Self-aware, solicit and embrace feedback
- Communicate feedback openly and respectfully
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Food and Beverage Outlet Manager
- Culinary Leadership
- Property Ops team
Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related training equivalent - required
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets – required
- Manager food safety certification and TIPS training certification - preferred or attained within 30 days
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.