The Kessler Collection
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Kessler Collection
JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District - Savannah, Georgia
Pay Type / FLSA Status:
All Shifts / Flexible
# of Openings:
Beginning Fall 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah’s historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We’re seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
•Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
•Free Employee Meals
•We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
•Largest Hospitality Employer in Savannah – growth opportunities are unlimited!
•20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
•Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
•Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
•Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
•Discounted Bus Passes
•We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
• 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)/year – start accruing right away!
•Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout the year!
•”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
•Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
•Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
•Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
*****This position is expected to start 1 months prior to opening date*****
Purpose / Objective
The overall objective and purpose of the Surveillance Manager is to manage and direct the surveillance department as well as guard industrial or commercial property against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry by performing the following duties.
Areas of Responsibility
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manages the surveillance room on a shift by shift basis in a manner consistent with ongoing department objectives and policies, overall department goals and directives.
- Organizes routine random surveillances and audits surveillance as required
- Works with security team to resolve problems and disturbances.
- Makes day-to-day decisions within or for a group/small department.
- Partners with property departments to design and conduct highly sensitive investigations to facilitate fact finding probe into potentially illegal or inappropriate activities.
- Reviews and approves all Surveillance Operator Daily Log entries to ensure that all operational activities that are required to be logged are reflected
- Reviews and approves reports written by Surveillance Officers to ensure reports are thorough, correct, correlated to video documentation, and that observed infractions are correctly interpreted.
- Ensures all video recording devices are operating properly and providing required amount of video retention. Produces video replay for specified time period and occurrence as requested by Director of Safety and Security or a department head (assuming requestor is not the subject of the occurrence). Accurately logs all video requests onto the Daily Log to ensure proper storage and retrieval.
- Act as direct liaison between surveillance room activities and the Director of Safety and Security.
- Manages the Surveillance team to include efficient staffing, team member development and training, performance management and policy enforcement.
- Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all guests while staying alert to their needs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
· Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
· Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
· Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
· Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
· Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
· Ability to implement and uphold service standards
· Knowledge of and enforcement of all laws and regulations which apply to the functions and duties of the Surveillance Department for which this position is responsible.
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
Director of Safety and Security
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related experience and/or training equivalent – required
· 2+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
· Experience within luxury brand/markets – required
· Trade related certifications – preferred
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
· Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
· Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
· Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role.
· While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to move 10lbs on a daily basis.
· Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
· While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform.