Townsend & Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Townsend & Associates
- Participate in cycle counts of physical inventory as scheduled to ensure minimum 98% inventory accuracy is maintained for warehouse stores.
- Perform receipt, documentation and inspection of incoming materials and equipment for shortage, overage, or damage, develop an understanding of shipping documents, transportation codes/markings, and follow all RMS policies and procedures, coordinate with Quality Assurance Department as required to ensure proper material handling and storage in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Coordinate closely with Procurement Department regarding shortages or overages in shipments, missing shipping documentation from vendors, returned materials, and any follow-up action as may be required.
- Safely operate and perform daily inspections of Materials Handling Equipment.
- Develop an understanding of shipping documents, transportation codes and markings, internal Quality Assurance Department (QAD) documents, and follow all RMS and QAD procedures as well as all safety guidelines regarding material handling and storage.
- Correctly document and perform movement of raw materials, supplies, laboratory garments, small-package items, work-in-process biological materials, finished goods, waste, and recyclable materials to include, receipt, delivery, disposal, storage, staging, transfer, and return of material to vendor.
- Perform accurate real-time data entry into Oracle database to receive inventory items and capture inventory related transactions.
- Ensure adherence to First Expiry–First Out (FEFO) policy, expired materials receive proper attention, and requesting departments are properly debited for materials as directed by the supervisor.
- Assist Health Safety and Environmental Department (HSE) as needed in staging, storage, processing, and shipping commercial and industrial waste, bio-waste for disposal, and various recyclable materials.
- Keep all assigned areas neat, organized, and clear of debris to ensure an orderly, safe, and clean working environment.
- Comply with 5S principles.
- Process and fill move orders through Oracle software function and barcode scanners.
- In addition to the above, other assigned duties & projects deemed appropriate within the position scope.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Previously licensed/certified forklift operator with minimum of 3 years prior warehouse experience.
- Warehouse experience to include cycle counts, receiving, data entry and records maintenance.
- Good math skills and the ability to accurately count and convert measurements and quantities; (e.g., items per case, metric volume measure to English, etc.).
- Essential computer skills to work efficiently with Microsoft Office Software, and Oracle database system. (or experience with similar inventory control system).
- Working knowledge of label printers and processing of labels to tag inventory.
Whether you are looking for a full-time or contract position, Townsend & Associates can enhance your job search and lead you down the road to success! We provide cutting edge staffing solutions to Fortune 500 companies. Committed to making the perfect match, we take the time to understand the culture and needs of our clients as well as the skills and career goals of our candidates.
We understand that something as important as finding that next great job or pursuing a new career path, requires a partner that is as driven as you are. You can count on our dedicated recruiters to find you that opportunity that matches your talent, experience, and objectives.
With recruitment techniques that are second to none, we cut through many of challenges that arise in job hunting, making us the first choice for skilled professionals, like you. We have opportunities available for a variety of industries and skill levels.
Are you ready to get started?
Join the Townsend & Associates Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?