Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at toyo tires
|Department:||800 - Maintenance - Plant Engineering|
Toyo Tire North America Manufacturing, Inc. (TNA), located in White, Georgia, offers a compelling value proposition for anyone who is interested in a fast-paced work environment where you will be challenged and have the opportunity to grow professionally. TNA is the only tire manufacturing plant in North America for Toyo Tires Corporation and is its flagship production facility. Competitive compensation and benefits along with shift schedules that offer a favorable work/life balance are just a few of our attractive features. At TNA, you also have the opportunity to work in a world-class, state-of-the-art, technologically advanced, environmentally conscious production facility located within an easy commute of metropolitan Atlanta and Chattanooga.
Toyo Tire North America Manufacturing, Inc. is currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer. Our vision for this position is to ensure the mechanical and electromechanical equipment and systems are designed, installed, and maintained in such a manner that will promote a high degree of reliability in meeting or exceeding process requirements by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning equipment design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine equipment specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates equipment according to specifications and quality standards.
- Researches and analyzes data such as equipment design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design for application.
- Designs systems such as instruments, controls, robots, engines, machines, and mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, or heat transfer systems.
- Plans and directs engineering personnel in fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment, and development of methods and procedures for testing equipment or systems.
- Directs and coordinates fabrication and installation activities to ensure equipment and systems conform to engineering design and specifications.
- Coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment.
- Designs products and systems to interface machines, hardware, and software.
- Evaluates installations and recommends design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate equipment capability to meet future manufacturing requirements.
- Pluses: experience with utilities, instrumentation, PLC programming, CAD.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology from an accredited four-year college or university. Five (5) to ten (10) years related experience and/or training in an industrial setting/environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience/training.
TOYO TIRE NORTH AMERICA MANUFACTURING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER