Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Trident Seafoods
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in duties concerned with sanitation programs in food processing establishment by performing the following duties:
- Inspects products and equipment for conformity to federal and state sanitation laws and plant standards.
- Directs food handlers and production personnel in sanitary and pest-control procedures.
- Directs cleaning of equipment and work areas.
- Inspects premises for unsanitary practices and conditions.
- Examines incoming shipments of food ingredients for foreign matter such as insects, poisons, or dirt, and gathers samples of ingredients for laboratory analysis.
- Confers with management and production personnel on sanitation problems, and recommends changes in equipment, plant layout, lighting, ventilation, or work practices to improve sanitation standards and purity of product.
- Compiles required reports regarding regular inspections, sanitation violations, and steps taken to resolve deficiencies.
- Routes reports to designated plant personnel.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
- Supervise maintenance of parking lots and grounds.
- Maintain inventories of supplies and equipment and place orders through the purchasing department as needed.
- Train and/or arrange for training of new employees. Maintain regular schedule of training updates for all employees.
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
Skill / Requirements
Four year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2 years supervisory experience in food production/sanitation.
Must be HACCP certified.
Trident is an equal opportunity, drug free employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age and genetic information.