Trident USA Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PICC RN CONTRACTOR
at Trident USA Health Services
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: ef870155-deaa-4879-8070-18c5de72b85e
Categories: Healthcare - RNs & Nurse Management
- Demonstrates ability to assess patient past and current medical history including laboratory values, venous and muscle skeletal status that is pertinent in qualifying a patient as a candidate for PICC placement.
- Assures physicians order on chart for PICC placement.
- Assures Proper Informed Consent has been obtained.
- Performs time out; correct patient identifier prior to initiating PICC procedure.
- Demonstrates clinical proficiency performing ultrasound guided PICC insertions maintaining aseptic technique utilizing measures that prevent patient discomfort and trauma related to procedure.
- Demonstrates high level skills in critical thinking and assessment related to vascular access devices.
- Documents procedure in patient’s permanent medical record.
- Maintains PICC certification of completion from a state approved educational provider for PICC theoretical course; with Didactic and supervised practicum.
- Maintains yearly PICC competency.
- Ability to work independently and possess strong communication and teaching skills.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel within designated market.
- Continues ongoing education and improves knowledge level related to vascular access and current trends in infusion therapy.
- PICC Certification and Malpractice Insurance.